Q. What is the treatment for delusion of jealousy?

Dr. Sonia Malhotra
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 27, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 26, 2020

My dad is suffering from a delusion of jealousy for the last three years. What is the treatment for it? The main problem is that my dad has no insight of his problem. How much time will it take to recover? Please help.

#

• The treatment is antipsychotic medicines like Olanzapine, Aripiprazole, etc., followed by insight oriented psychotherapy after remission.
  • But, please ensure that there are no other symptoms like delusions of persecution or control, hearing voices, sleep and appetite changes, etc., other than this delusion. In that case, the prognosis will differ, but the treatment will remain the same.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|