Q. What is the treatment for delusion of jealousy?

Dr. Sonia Malhotra
Published on Nov 27, 2016

My dad is suffering from a delusion of jealousy for the last three years. What is the treatment for it? The main problem is that my dad has no insight of his problem. How much time will it take to recover? Please help.

#

• The treatment is antipsychotic medicines like Olanzapine, Aripiprazole, etc., followed by insight oriented psychotherapy after remission.
  • But, please ensure that there are no other symptoms like delusions of persecution or control, hearing voices, sleep and appetite changes, etc., other than this delusion. In that case, the prognosis will differ, but the treatment will remain the same.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

There is no improvement even after taking psychiatric treatment. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,My brother is undergoing psychiatric treatment form last 10 years. He is being advised a few medicines which he is taking from last so many years. I see his condition getting worse. I need help and a second opinion.  Read Full »

Will Risperidone and Asprito affect my fetus during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I had two episodes of psychosis in the past two years. I started treatment with Risperidone and later started Asprito 5 mg. I am getting married after two months. I want to know that if I start a family, will this treatment affect my baby's health as only limited medicines are allowed...  Read Full »