Q. What is the survival rate of virus outside human body?

Dr. Peter Grutas

My question is about hemorrhagic fever and viruses or fungal infections. What is its survival rate out of the human body? For how long can the survive on the object or the goods as a paper or in such excrements? Is it possible to be infected only by touching the goods only? (I passed through serious problems and hemorrhage that none of the doctors in Europe knew how to identify.

Dr. Peter Grutas

#

Welcome to icliiq.com.

There are several viral hemorrhagic fevers including Ebola virus disease, Lassa fever, Rift valley fever, Marburg virus disease, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) and yellow fever. Except for Rift Valley fever and the flavivirus diseases that include yellow fever, Omsk hemorrhagic fever, and Kyasanur Forest disease, hemorrhagic fever virus spread is from person to person by close contact. Airborne transmission is rare. It really depends on the pathogen we are talking about.

One example of a pathogen that causes hemorrhagic fever is dengue virus. This is mosquito-borne and can only be transmitted via mosquito bite. It cannot survive outside the body of a mosquito. For fungal infection, it is spread by direct skin contact either with humans or animals or indirectly from contaminated articles on floors or in the soil. Some fungal spores can remain alive and active from 12 to 20 months.

| 

I post the question in another way: would like to know if muscle pain I am solving now could be related to the problem of two years ago. My question is about hemorrhagic fever and viruses or fungal infections. What is it's survival outside of the human body on the object or the goods as a paper for example? Is it possible to be infected only by touching the goods I received two years ago from a foreign country where hemorrhagic fever or another infections are widespread? If not, what could cause serious problems as a vaginal hemorrhage, tremor because of severe pain, elevated temperature, burning in the pelvic and rectum, headaches? (gynecological and rectal examination and basic blood laboratory test were normal).

Is it possible that the problems of two years ago are related to muscle and another pain that I am solving now? I knew nothing about hemorrhagic fever full some weeks ago. In those days, I read all possible articles on the internet and for me personally as for layman is one of the possible version of that infection. It started within one two days after I opened the package with goods ordered in Nigeria. And still now solving some problems. The bleeding was terrible, uncontrollable. And also the pain. I am vaccinated against yellow fever. Could any hemorrhagic fever have a lighter course due to this one specific vaccine? Still I have continuous pelvic and muscle pain.

Dr. Peter Grutas

#

I understand. What kind or what caused your hemorrhagic fever? As I mentioned above there are many causes of hemorrhagic fever and it is important to know which one are we talking about. Based on your symptoms, however, there are other possible causes such as hormonal problem, other infection such as PID (pelvic inflammatory disease), chikungunya, or thyroid problem. You mentioned you did some laboratory workups correct? Can you attach it here for my review?

| 

Thank you so much for your help.

Dr. Peter Grutas

#

I will be waiting for your test results. Thank you so much.

| 

What can cause fever, body pain and rashes on the face?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 57 year old male. I was down with fever since yesterday. My fever is ranging between 101 to 103 degrees Fahrenheit. Along with fever, I have body ache and some rashes on my face. Yesterday, my platelet count was 1 lakh. Today, in CBC the platelets 1.25 lakhs, RBC 4.47 and lymphocy...  Read Full »

How to increase platelet count during dengue fever?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 8 years old. She has been suffering from fever for five days. Her fever is in the range of 99 to 102 degrees. When we visited a doctor, he asked for a blood test. The blood report shows that she is positive for dengue. The platelet count has dropped already to 52000 from 1,...  Read Full »

Can we identify dengue fever without lab tests?

Query: Hi, My son is a 5 year old boy. He had high fever two days back and the temperature touched 104.9. We have been giving Meftal and Paracetamol for the last two days with water bath to bring the fever down. We have also been giving Zifi 100 twice a day as prescribed by our physician. This has helped t...  Read Full »