Q. After abortion, my wife is bleeding from anus. How to manage?

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Abortion or Birth Control Pill? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My wife was admitted to hospital due to incomplete abortion and dengue fever NS1 reactive. She had 6 weeks pregnancy. Doctor has done surgical abortion and it was found dengue fever after blood test. She was admitted for three days. Her initial platelet count was 150000 and later 180000, 210000 and 216000 (yesterday). Dengue fever lasted for seven days and no fever present today. But, she has sharp abdominal pain and dark brown colored bleeding. Her anus also bleeding due to constipation and it seems like fissure. She is currently taking tablet Traxol-O 200, tablet Caripaya, tablet Methergine, tablet Panorita 40, tablet Parasafe 650 and syrup Shelovic. I am very worried under this situation. Please help me.