Q. After abortion, my wife is bleeding from anus. How to manage?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 02, 2020

My wife was admitted to hospital due to incomplete abortion and dengue fever NS1 reactive. She had 6 weeks pregnancy. Doctor has done surgical abortion and it was found dengue fever after blood test. She was admitted for three days. Her initial platelet count was 150000 and later 180000, 210000 and 216000 (yesterday). Dengue fever lasted for seven days and no fever present today. But, she has sharp abdominal pain and dark brown colored bleeding. Her anus also bleeding due to constipation and it seems like fissure. She is currently taking tablet Traxol-O 200, tablet Caripaya, tablet Methergine, tablet Panorita 40, tablet Parasafe 650 and syrup Shelovic. I am very worried under this situation. Please help me.

#

• How reliable were those blood tests? If those were reliable, then there is no need to worry for bleeding from two sites. Otherwise, repeat it from a good place.
  • Secondly, just start any birth control pill from today as it will lessen the bleeding.
  • I suggest Laxit plus syrup (Liquid paraffin and Magnesium hydroxide) four teaspoons now and at bedtime, which will help to soften the stool. Consult her doctor, discuss with him or her and give the medicine with consent.
  • But, do blood platelet counts first with manual counting.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Yes, the tests are reliable. These tests are done from the hospital and the best diagnostic center. Her palm and skin are also itching. But, severe abdominal pain happens now.

#

• I suggest her to get admitted as there is a need for clinical examination.
  • Meanwhile, I suggest her Drotin DS or Drotin M (Drotaverine) for relief of pain temporarily. Consult her doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.

|