HomeAnswersObstetrics and GynecologyabortionWhy is my wife bleeding from the anus after abortion?

After abortion, my wife is bleeding from anus. How to manage?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 16, 2016
Reviewed AtJuly 5, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

My wife was admitted to hospital due to incomplete abortion and dengue fever NS1 reactive. She had 6 weeks pregnancy. Doctor has done surgical abortion and it was found dengue fever after blood test. She was admitted for three days. Her initial platelet count was 150000 and later 180000, 210000 and 216000 (yesterday). Dengue fever lasted for seven days and no fever present today. But, she has sharp abdominal pain and dark brown colored bleeding. Her anus also bleeding due to constipation and it seems like fissure. She is currently taking tablet Traxol-O 200, tablet Caripaya, tablet Methergine, tablet Panorita 40, tablet Parasafe 650 and syrup Shelovic. I am very worried under this situation. Please help me.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

How reliable were those blood tests? If those were reliable, then there is no need to worry for bleeding from two sites. Otherwise, repeat it from a good place. Secondly, just start any birth control pill from today as it will lessen the bleeding. I suggest Laxit plus syrup (Liquid paraffin and Magnesium hydroxide) four teaspoons now and at bedtime, which will help to soften the stool. Consult her doctor, discuss with him or her and give the medicine with consent. If bleeding still persists, she will need a scan to know whether there is any retained product inside. But, do blood platelet counts first with manual counting.

Patient's Query

Thank you doctor,

Yes, the tests are reliable. These tests are done from the hospital and the best diagnostic center. Her palm and skin are also itching. But, severe abdominal pain happens now.


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I suggest her to get admitted as there is a need for clinical examination. Meanwhile, I suggest her Drotin DS or Drotin M (Drotaverine) for relief of pain temporarily. Consult her doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy