Q. After abortion, my wife is bleeding from anus. How to manage?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
Published on Nov 16, 2016

My wife was admitted to hospital due to incomplete abortion and dengue fever NS1 reactive. She had 6 weeks pregnancy. Doctor has done surgical abortion and it was found dengue fever after blood test. She was admitted for three days. Her initial platelet count was 150000 and later 180000, 210000 and 216000 (yesterday). Dengue fever lasted for seven days and no fever present today. But, she has sharp abdominal pain and dark brown colored bleeding. Her anus also bleeding due to constipation and it seems like fissure. She is currently taking tablet Traxol-O 200, tablet Caripaya, tablet Methergine, tablet Panorita 40, tablet Parasafe 650 and syrup Shelovic. I am very worried under this situation. Please help me.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• How reliable were those blood tests? If those were reliable, then there is no need to worry for bleeding from two sites. Otherwise, repeat it from a good place.
  • Secondly, just start any birth control pill from today as it will lessen the bleeding.
  • I suggest Laxit plus syrup (Liquid paraffin and Magnesium hydroxide) four teaspoons now and at bedtime, which will help to soften the stool. Consult her doctor, discuss with him or her and give the medicine with consent.
  • But, do blood platelet counts first with manual counting.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Yes, the tests are reliable. These tests are done from the hospital and the best diagnostic center. Her palm and skin are also itching. But, severe abdominal pain happens now.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• I suggest her to get admitted as there is a need for clinical examination.
  • Meanwhile, I suggest her Drotin DS or Drotin M (Drotaverine) for relief of pain temporarily. Consult her doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.

Even after taking two doses of MTP pills, why am I still getting clots?

Query: Hello doctor, I had recently used MTP pills, and it is day 4. Day one I took 1 tablet of 200 mcg, the second day I took 2 tablets each 200 mcg. I did not take rest two pills, due to heavy bleeding. Also, I had got a lot of clotting, though it must be cleared now. On the fourth day, I did ultrasonogr...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering the USG (ultrasonography) scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there are still retained products of conception inside the uterus with clots. Ideally, you can take the remaining two doses of tablet Misoprostol and allow the bleedi...  Read Full

Accidentally, had birth control pill during pregnancy. What shall I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I got my last period on the 1st of last month. Two days back, I used birth control pills. But, I am 2 weeks pregnant now. Will it cause any side effect?  Read Full >>

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It depends on the number of pills you took and the duration of intake. If it was single or two pills, then chance of the pill affecting baby is low. Please remember that the chance can never be 0 or 100%. If exposure was continuous, which is less likely from the hist...  Read Full

I have spotting while on Tri-Sprintec. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking the birth control pill, Tri-Sprintec for almost five years now. I started my new pack of pills on 19 of last month. I had intercourse twice on 20th and once on the 21st of last month. I used to take my pill between 7 and 8 AM. One day I had pill at 6:30 AM as I woke up ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The brown rusty vaginal discharge appears to be one of the side effects of Tri-Sprintec (combination of Norgestimate and Ethinyl estradiol). Irregular periods, unscheduled bleeding and vaginal spotting are side effects during the first few months of starting Tri-Sprinte...  Read Full