Q. What is the reason for fever along with skin rash and lip swelling?

Dr. Deepak Patel
Published on Jun 07, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My 2 year old baby is suffering from fever, skin rashes, cough and vomiting after meal. What is the problem? What shall I do now? Her lips have got swollen. Please help.

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Paediatrics
#

I can understand your concerns.

• Fever with rash, vomiting and swelling of lips can occur in dengue fever and measles.
  • I think that you should do complete blood count, CRP levels (C-reactive protein) and NS1 Antigen test (dengue).
  • The child should be immediately examined by a pediatrician.

Revert back with the investigation reports to a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

| 

I have consulted her pediatrician here. He is telling that the reason for fever and other things may be infection. He prescribed Febrex plus, Aptivate syrup, Nutrolin-B, Omnatax-O. May I know whether these are the right medicines? My baby did not feel to eat and when she did eat something immediately she vomited. What to do?

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Paediatrics
#

• The medicines given to your child are meant for bacterial infection. In children, acute gastroenteritis and food poisoning can also cause fever and vomiting, but there will be no rash.
  • The fact that the child has rash and swelling of lips complicates the issue.
  • We should rule out dengue and measles as in other infection rash and lip swelling is not much common.
  • I think that you should do complete blood count, CRP levels and NS1 antigen test.
  • It would be better, if you send some pictures of rash as it will help for making diagnosis of disease. I advise you to review with the above reports and some pictures of rash. Till then continue the same drugs.

Revert back with the photos and investigation reports to a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

| 

What are the first signs of oral cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been very worried about my health lately. I would like to preface this by saying that I have been experiencing anxiety off late and I have a suspicion that some of these symptoms could be related to that. I am currently weaning off of Prednisone, which I have been taking for an all...  Read Full »

How can you tell the difference between food poisoning or possible Acetaminophen poisoning?

Query: Hello doctor, How can you tell the difference between food poisoning or possible Acetaminophen poisoning? I ask this because I used the internet to look up for my symptoms. And it is two days since when my symptoms started. I took 4 tablets of Tylenol rapid release and an hour before that I had...  Read Full »

Watery Diarrhea - Not Always Due to Food Poisoning

Article Overview: Did you know that watery diarrhea can be due to a severe condition called exocrine pancreatic insufficiency? Read the article to know more about this condition. Read Article

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

A person having watery diarrhea may think it is simply a tummy flu. But things can be even more serious than just a gastrointestinal tract infection. Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) means indigestion of food caused by the lack of digestive enzymes that normally are produced by the pancreas. ...  Read Article