Q. What is the reason for fever along with skin rash and lip swelling?

Dr. Deepak Patel
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 07, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

My 2 year old baby is suffering from fever, skin rashes, cough and vomiting after meal. What is the problem? What shall I do now? Her lips have got swollen. Please help.

#

I can understand your concerns.

• Fever with rash, vomiting and swelling of lips can occur in dengue fever and measles.
  • I think that you should do complete blood count, CRP levels (C-reactive protein) and NS1 Antigen test (dengue).
  • The child should be immediately examined by a pediatrician.

Revert back with the investigation reports to a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

I have consulted her pediatrician here. He is telling that the reason for fever and other things may be infection. He prescribed Febrex plus, Aptivate syrup, Nutrolin-B, Omnatax-O. May I know whether these are the right medicines? My baby did not feel to eat and when she did eat something immediately she vomited. What to do?

#

• The medicines given to your child are meant for bacterial infection. In children, acute gastroenteritis and food poisoning can also cause fever and vomiting, but there will be no rash.
  • The fact that the child has rash and swelling of lips complicates the issue.
  • We should rule out dengue and measles as in other infection rash and lip swelling is not much common.
  • I think that you should do complete blood count, CRP levels and NS1 antigen test.
  • It would be better, if you send some pictures of rash as it will help for making diagnosis of disease. I advise you to review with the above reports and some pictures of rash. Till then continue the same drugs.

Revert back with the photos and investigation reports to a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|