Q. Will consuming lemon frequently corrode my teeth?

Dr. Vijeta Singh

I have eaten lemons all my life and now have no enamel on my front two teeth. It is not painful but it looks awful and feels bumpy and I am scared they will eventually corrode.

#

Please quit your habit of eating lemon to prevent further erosion of enamel in other teeth. Rinse your mouth after taking an acidic beverage. Get IOPAR of 11, 12, 21, 22 (if upper jaw teeth are involved) or 31, 32, 41, 42 (if lower jaw front teeth are involved). Treatment for eroded teeth will be composite veneer or RCT followed with capping.

Habit of taking citrus food.

IOPAR of 11, 12, 21, 22 (if upper jaw tooth involved) or 31, 32, 41, 42 (if lower jaw front tooth involved).

Abrasion, chemical erosion.

Erosion.

Treatment for an eroded tooth will be composite veneer or RCT followed with capping.

After taking an acidic beverage, please rinse your mouth.

|