Dental Erosion

I have lost enamel in front teeth due to eating lemon. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have eaten lemons all my life and now have no enamel on my front two teeth. It is not painful but it looks awful and feels bumpy and I am scared they will eventually corrode.  Read Full »

Dr. Vijeta Singh

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please quit your habit of eating lemon to prevent further erosion of enamel in other teeth. Rinse your mouth after taking an acidic beverage. Get IOPAR of 11, 12, 21, 22 (if upper jaw teeth are involved) or 31, 32, 41, 42 (if lower jaw front teeth are involved). Treatment...  Read Full »

Can severe acid reflux turn my teeth translucent, and cause gums to recede?

Query: Hi doctor, Lately, I noticed that my teeth are not the best looking. I had acid reflux. I looked up a lot of stuff about acid in the mouth, and looking at my teeth I think this is what is happening. My teeth started turning translucent two weeks ago. When I looked it up, it said that it could occur...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms that you have explained are right. If you have acid reflux problem and in your case, it looks like there is too much of acid refluxing in your mouth from the stomach. This acid can erode your teeth making the enamel thin due to loss of minerals. I have common...  Read Full »