Q. I have tooth deposits and cavities as well as swollen gums. What should I do?

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
and medically reviewed by Dr.Sowmiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jan 29, 2022

I am 15 years old, and I have noticed an orange substance building up on some of my teeth. My gums are swollen. There is a cavity in my canine tooth, and I wondered if there was any way I could fix it without going to a dentist because my family is very poor. So, would you recommend anything?

#

Debris is getting deposited onto the tooth surface. The gums are inflamed due to the debris. Brush your tooth twice daily. Rinse your mouth after every meal. I suggest you get your teeth cleaned by a dental hygienist. The cavity on the tooth surface is a cervical abrasion. It could be due to brushing with too much force, using a hard toothbrush, and drinking too many aerated beverages. You have to get the cavity filled by a dentist to prevent further pain and trauma. Always use a soft-bristle toothbrush unless recommended otherwise.

|