Q. Can depression medicines cause tremor, weakness and fast heartbeat?

Dr. Aditya Gupta

I have taken Clonil 10 mg, Olonex 25 mg, Valprid and Serlift 50 mg only at night for two days for depression. After the second day, in the morning, I fainted and heartbeat were excessively fast along with muscle of all over body feeling warm. I stopped taking them since then but my body is weak and I feel a tremor, shaking hands and today also heartbeat is getting fast with little nervousness. It is the fourth day today. Please help.

#

All the symptoms you described could be due to anxiety disorder per se and not because of medicines as they are out of your system now. Sometimes there are few problems when medicines are started but they usually go spontaneously within 2 to 3 days. Medicine dosage can also be adjusted accordingly. So, stopping the treatment is not a good option.

In my opinion, you shall consult the treating psychiatrist and start treatment with dosage change as per the current situation. Remember, every problem has a solution. You just need to try solving it and help is just a step away.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|