Q. How to treat my mother's compulsive superstitions?

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 24, 2021

How to treat compulsive superstitions? I need some help to treat my mother. She is also a depression patient, and for which she is taking medication.

#

Superstitions are normal in our culture. It can be pathological if it is significant enough to cause distress and impairment in day-to-day functioning. Many people resort to these superstitions as a possible explanation for their false beliefs. However, I need to know if your mother suffers from disturbed sleep, impairment in daily routine, etc. People can have secondary depressive symptoms associated with the problem. I can help her if you can give a detailed account of her history and her medications.

Revert with a detailed history to help you further.

|