Q. I have crying spells and I get angry easily. Are these symptoms of depression?

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 22, 2022

I am going through a mental breakdown. I give up on everything very easily. If I am at home, I tend to cry a lot thinking about my future. I am scared that my future is going to be bad. I try making up myself and getting strong. I get angry immediately and hurt others verbally and then feel sorry for my behavior. I am unable to change myself though I know I am wrong. Please help and let me know if I am going through depression.

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• First of all, I would like to inform you that the presence of mental breakdown in addition to irritability with sudden outbursts of anger, hopelessness, excessive concern about the future, fearfulness, sadness, crying spells, and negative thinking, all point out toward the presence of depression. However, I must acknowledge that the current depression may be the symptoms of classical depression or bipolar depression as I do not have a relevant history of yours to distinguish between the two.
  • Secondly, I like to inform you that your problem of depression is treatable and there is no need to suffer. As you are a 25-year-old female, you can seek treatment from a psychiatrist in your city. There are multiple medications available for treatment of depression, and they can be chosen as per one's own preference.
  • In addition to medications, there is also psychotherapy available. 

I hope this helps you. Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions. Regards.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|