Q. How to overcome my depression symptoms?

I am a 42 year old male. I feel extremely weak after sleeping in the afternoon on weekends. And even after taking breakfast I feel sleepy, and I sleep off. I got a kidney transplant done five years back, and I am under psychiatric treatment from the past 15 years. I currently take the following medicines Nexito 20 mg, Quitipin 25 mg, and Modafinil 25 mg. How to overcome the ongoing depression symptoms?

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I can understand your concern.

• You are on 20 mg Nexito (Escitaprolam), Modafinil 25 mg, and 25 mg Quetiapine, even with these medicines, your symptoms are persistent. So, some minor changes in medicines will help you to come out of these symptoms.
  • In suggest try taking Amisulpride 25 to 50 mg in place of Quetiapine, it will help in reducing these negative symptoms. This will reduce the daytime sedation too.
  • The dose of Modafinil can be increased to 100 mg in the morning after breakfast. This will improve the daytime alertness and will surely improve your functioning.
  • I advise you to get your thyroid function test and vitamin B12 levels done. Hypothyroidism and low vitamin B12 levels are common reasons for persistent depressive symptoms.
  • Include Vitamin B12 and Omega-3 fatty acid supplements in your diet, and you will surely see improvements.

Please follow these steps, and consult your treating doctor about the dose adjustments.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

But, I am taking Modafinil 50 mg. Do I still need to increase the dosage?

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

• Yes, even if you are taking 50 mg Modafinil, increase it to 100 mg after consulting your doctor. This will make your functioning better.

For further queries consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|