iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPsychiatrydepressionHow to manage my depressive thoughts due to infidelity?

I am a victim of infidelity and suffer depressive and suicidal thoughts. Please help.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Vinodhini J.

Published At July 3, 2020
Reviewed AtJanuary 22, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am 28 years old. I got married last year. I am a victim of infidelity. I am suffering from last year and could not share it with anyone. Now it is unbearable and I am getting suicidal thoughts frequently. I cannot sleep at night and experiencing neck pain when stressed. I am always in a bad mood and do not feel like doing anything. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I read your query and understand your unbearable pain over the last one year.

First of all, I like to congratulate you on taking the very first but most difficult step which is seeking help.

Secondly, I like to share with you that there is no evil without a cure. I understand that you are not able to share but there is a definite need to have proper communication with your partner. Without having a clear communication the cure may be delayed. Please mind that with proper communication you can change the mind of your husband without causing any harm to your marriage.

Thirdly, I feel there is imminent depression which needs to be treated. I am glad to share that in the current era the depression is treatable to a great extent and there is no point in suffering with it. The treatment options include medications as well as psychotherapy. I think we can discuss the best treatment options for you during consultation. I often recommend medications as well as psychotherapy on the basis of need of the patient. Although, I do not have all details about your clinical symptoms but the available data indicate that medication will be a better choice for you.

I also feel that having a couple therapy can be answer for you provided you are not able to communicate clearly with your partner. In this therapy, the conflicts are resolved and couples are motivated for a constructive relationship.

I hope this helps.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Ashok Kumar
Dr. Ashok Kumar


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy