Q. I have depression and low concentration after taking Ventab plus. Please help.

Dr. Alok Vinod Kulkarni
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 26, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 17, 2019

I was on Nexito forte for some months as it created sexual erectile issues, it was changed to Ventab plus 50 which worked too good but for a month only. Now, I have depression, very low concentration, and low motivation. Initially, it was good but now again facing the issues. I am 34 years old male.

#

You can taper and stop Ventab plus (Desvenlafaxine and Clonazepam) over a period of one week. We can try you on Bupropion-SR (Bupropion) 150 mg once in the morning for one week followed by 150 mg 1-0-1 (that is one dose in the morning and one dose at night). It does not have sexual side effects and is given to undo sexual side effects.

Ventab plus is known to cause sexual side effects in some individuals. From today, take half tablet of Ventab plus once in the morning and stop it after one week. Simultaneously, start tablet Bupron-SR 150 mg in the morning for one week. After that increase it to 300 mg (once in the morning and once at night).

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

In case of lack of sleep which SOS tablet is to be taken. I take Zolfresh 5 mg in case of unable to sleep.

#

You can take Mirtaz (Mirtazapine) 7.5 mg on an SOS basis but I would strongly discourage its usage on a regular basis. Please follow sleep hygiene measures. You are advised to stop using Zolfresh (Zolpidem) as it has cardiac side effects.

|