Q. I have depression and low concentration after taking Ventab plus. Please help.

Dr. Alok Vinod Kulkarni
Published on Jun 26, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 17, 2019

I was on Nexito forte for some months as it created sexual erectile issues, it was changed to Ventab plus 50 which worked too good but for a month only. Now, I have depression, very low concentration, and low motivation. Initially, it was good but now again facing the issues. I am 34 years old male.

Dr. Alok Vinod Kulkarni

Psychiatry Sexology
#

You can taper and stop Ventab plus (Desvenlafaxine and Clonazepam) over a period of one week. We can try you on Bupropion-SR (Bupropion) 150 mg once in the morning for one week followed by 150 mg 1-0-1 (that is one dose in the morning and one dose at night). It does not have sexual side effects and is given to undo sexual side effects.

Ventab plus is known to cause sexual side effects in some individuals. From today, take half tablet of Ventab plus once in the morning and stop it after one week. Simultaneously, start tablet Bupron-SR 150 mg in the morning for one week. After that increase it to 300 mg (once in the morning and once at night).

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

In case of lack of sleep which SOS tablet is to be taken. I take Zolfresh 5 mg in case of unable to sleep.

Dr. Alok Vinod Kulkarni

Psychiatry Sexology
#

You can take Mirtaz (Mirtazapine) 7.5 mg on an SOS basis but I would strongly discourage its usage on a regular basis. Please follow sleep hygiene measures. You are advised to stop using Zolfresh (Zolpidem) as it has cardiac side effects.

Mirap and Clonazepam prescribed for anxiety and depression, Is it fine to take?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am suffering from anxiety and depression. My doctor prescribed 15mg of Mirap at night and 0.50mg of Clonazepam twice daily. And Clonazepam has to be halved after every 10 days. Is it fine? Need a second opinion.  Read Full »

Can antidepressants cause emotional numbness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. 17 years ago, I began experiencing high levels of anxiety and depression. I was put on Zoloft. After about five years, I was moved to Lexapro as Zoloft was not working. After being on Lexapro for five years, I was moved to Pristiq. After 5 years on Pristiq, ...  Read Full »

The moment I go to bed, thoughts starts pouring without any relevance. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a patient with neuropathy and bedridden for the last eight years. I watch tv for eight to nine hours a day. I am suffering from insomnia for the last one year. The reason for sleeplessness is thoughts and thoughts. The moment I go to bed thoughts starts pouring in one by one without...  Read Full »