Q. Is there a permanent solution for repeated depressive episodes?

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

My husband is 32 years old and he got his first depressive episode five years back due to business stress. After that he is undergoing depressive episodes every year. He becomes fine after taking anti-depressants and does all his work normally. But again after few days depression repeats. He is kept on Lamitor 200 mg all these years. Is there a permanent solution to this problem?

#

It means it is a recurrent depressive disorder. Lamitor (Lamotrigine) is a mood stabilizer. So continue it. If illness worsens, start an antidepressant. There is no permanent solution for it. Only keep positivity in your life. Do meditation daily. Read good inspirational books.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|