Major Depressive Disorder

Why do I feel like not doing anything and my life is useless?

Query: Hello doctor, There are days when I do not feel like doing anything. I feel like I have nothing to keep going for, and my life is useless. Previously, I was treated for anxiety and depression. However, I did not go for further treatment after my session with a psychotherapist ended. Also, I have us...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You have a major depressive disorder. There is a non-pharmacological management for it. I suggest you follow the below guidelines to deal with it. It will help you. Exercise daily for 30 to 45 minutes, like going for a walk. If possible, ...  Read Full »

Will I be ever be able to lead a normal life after getting treated for anxiety and depression?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an abusive and narcissistic father, who has also made sexual advances towards me many times. I have never been understood by my family nor had minimum space for myself. I feel anxious when left alone. I could not get on with relationships due to strict family boundaries imposed...  Read Full »

Dr. Siva Anoop Yella

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com, I understand your concern and would be happy to help you. Based on your symptoms, you have a borderline personality disorder that needs both medications and counseling. However, to help you more, you might need a detailed evaluation from a psychiatrist to confirm th...  Read Full »

How can I get over my symptoms of depression?

Query: Hi, I have many symptoms of mental disorders. My symptoms are loneliness, depression, stress during work, and slow thinking and processing speed. I keep avoiding people, I cannot get along with friends because they are always laughing, joking, and watching movies. I do not like it even though I kno...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I went through your query, you have typical symptoms of major depressive disorder, and it is the right time to start treatment before it advances and becomes resistant. My suggestions for you are- 1. I suggest you start a selective serot...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Bupropion and Nexipride together?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with the somatic symptom disorder. While in anxious situations, it feels like paralysis or nervous breakdown might happen. Also, my hands become cold and my forehead becomes hot. Since the past 1 year, I am on Etizola Beta (Etizolam 0.5 and Propranolol 20) on a total of f...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no interaction between Bupropion and Nexipride (Levosulpiride); hence, no safety issue arises with this combination. Amisulpride is commonly added as an adjunct medication for synergistic effect. Instead, the point which should be taken into considerati...  Read Full »

I feel tired and anxious after taking Abilify. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am so anxious and sleeping 9 to 10 hours per day. It has begun when I start taking Abilify pills and Akineton. Why I feel so tired every day?  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please answer me a few more questions. Do you have any of the following symptoms? Persistent low mood, disturbed appetite, loss of interest in previously pleasurable activities, ideas of hopelessness, ideas of helplessness, ideas of suicide and persistent headache. ...  Read Full »

Why do I feel sad all the time?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel sad most of the time. I do not know why I am always like this. I am a 24 year old male, and I work as a network engineer.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The details you have provided about your problem are very brief. Although, if you have these problems for more than two weeks then you are probably suffering from a major depressive disorder. A major depressive disorder is a condition in which patients develop sadness l...  Read Full »

How can I stop myself from always thinking about my end?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old male. My height is 170 cm and weight is 70 kg. I am worrying about uncertainty like death, heart failure, sadness, weakness, shortness of breath, etc. I am helpless and there is no joy in my work. I am always thinking of my end.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The details you provided about your problem are very brief. Although, I can say that, if you have this problem for more than two weeks but not from the days you remember, you are probably suffering from major depressive disorder. Major depressive disorder is a conditio...  Read Full »

I am suffering from depression, and I think that I am not worthy. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor,I always overthink. I am suffering from depression, and I always end up thinking that I am not worth anything. I always get chills while arguing with someone. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern. You may have major depressive disorder. There is non-pharmacological management for depression, and I suggest you follow the guidelines given below; a) Exercise daily for 30 - 45 minutes, at least go for a ...  Read Full »

I have problems focusing on things. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have lots of problems focusing on things. I lack confidence in dealing with the public and get nervous in a social gathering. I become irritated when something wrong happens and always have negative ideas. I have hydrophobia too. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and can understand your concerns. The presence of negative thoughts, irritability, irrational fear, and low self-esteem indicates the possibility of clinically major depressive disorder. I like to assure you that this is a treatable condition, and ...  Read Full »

I see myself emotionally broke most of the time. What is the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a session with one of the doctors in this forum. She helped me in getting into focus and gave me ideas on overcoming my problems. But, I seem to be lost and blank lately. Nothing seems interesting and everything happening around me seems suspicious. I see myself emotionally...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you could be suffering from depression. Depression of such intensity requires medication and cure is possible in such cases. Breath relaxation exercises or meditation is also helpful, but not a substitute for medications.   Read Full »