Common "Major Depressive Disorder" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Major Depressive Disorder

Major depressive disorder, also frequently called depression, is a mental health disorder characterized by a prolonged period of a depressive state. The patient will have symptoms like; feelings of sadness over a long period, frustration, lack of interest in work, school, and everyday activities, disturbance in sleep routine, constant tiredness, anxiety, loss of appetite, frequent suicidal thoughts or thoughts of death, etc. Depression, in its many forms, can affect children, teenagers, and adults. The treatment of depression usually includes medication, therapy, or a combination of both medication and therapy. According to research, these therapies may restore brain abnormalities related to depression.