Major Depressive Disorder

Why do I get so intimidated by others?

Query: Male, 38 Years Old, Married, one child. Suffering following problems: difficult to sleep in night. always feel sleepy Memory Weak, forgets things very easily, low concentration, lethargic confusion in decision, low self esteem and low confidence, feel that i am good for nothing feels no one like...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello sir. Your symptoms are typical that are seen in major depressive disorder. It is very common and happens to about 1 in 4 males and 1 in 8 females. It happens due to reduced levels of certain neurotransmitters such as serotonin which reduce the stress handling capacity of the brain. Medicines...  Read Full »

How to treat long term cough?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a college student. Since last years, I feel cough all the time. Before two years, I had cold and fever and since that time I am having cough. I have consulted an ENT specialist regarding this, but nothing happened. I have attached the prescription as well. Earlier, I was able to visu...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query in detail, the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and have the following observations: Chronic cough not responding to medicines, difficulty thinking (cognitive impairment), memory problems, periods of delirium or ...  Read Full »

How to help my dad's altered behavior as he is affected by the death of his close relative?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 77 years old. He is showing the following symptoms loss of interest in reading newspaper (he was very fond of), anger, aggressiveness, and shouting. He cried a lot on the death of his brother-in-law who was 70 years old and sick, self-doubt about his health with restlessne...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father seems to have a major depressive disorder. He needs to start antidepressant medications. He can take the tablet Escitalopram 10 mg once in the morning after breakfast. If he has sleep disturbance then he needs to start tablet Alprazolam 0.25 mg at night. Eve...  Read Full »

I feel tired and anxious after taking Abilify. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am so anxious and sleeping 9 to 10 hours per day. It has begun when I start taking Abilify pills and Akineton. Why I feel so tired every day?  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please answer me a few more questions. Do you have any of the following symptoms? Persistent low mood, disturbed appetite, loss of interest in previously pleasurable activities, ideas of hopelessness, ideas of helplessness, ideas of suicide and persistent headache. Wh...  Read Full »

How to overcome major depressive illness, sleep deprivation, and anxiety attacks?

Query: I am suffering from major depressive illness,sleep deprivation,anxiety attacks,heavy breathing ,fatigue and exhaustion.i am a doctor myself, and currently taking Petril 0.5mg. I need help.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq - How long have you been experiencing features of depression , anxiety and related symptoms? - Is there any ongoing stressor in your life that is exacerbating your symptoms ? Being a doctor can itself be an exhausting and demanding job. - I note that you are taking Petri...  Read Full »

I take Adderall with Lexapro for major depressive disorder. Is there any alternate for Lexapro?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently on Adderall 30 mg twice a day for narcolepsy with cataplexy and Lexapro 20 mg for resistant major depressive disorder. My previous psychiatric nurse practitioner tried me on many antidepressants that did not work. Lexapro helps some but not much at all. I have very bad an...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like you have been tried on several different types of antidepressants already but did not help. Since you are on Adderall for treating narcolepsy, taking antidepressants will potentially lead to an increase in side effects. This applies to all SSRIs (select...  Read Full »

How to deal with alternative anxiety phase and extreme mood swings?

Query: Hi doctor, I get in a depressive phase for a while and I cannot seem to get out of it and then I feel completely fine like nothing happened. So I did not tend to take any actions. But it is recently been affecting my personal and work life. I tend to not feel like myself. Currently, I am on Lame...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What are your symptoms exactly? If they are of depression, then the treatment with SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) is ideally given for six months or so. The Lamez 25 (Lamotrigine) is just a mood stabilizer, if the psychiatrist is suspecting bipolar di...  Read Full »

How can Tramadol replace Ketamine in treating major depression?

Query: Hello doctor, My 19-year-old son is suffering from major depression and has been on at least four different medications, ECT and Ketamine treatments. ECT and the Ketamine seem to show the best results so far but are short-lived. And I hate to keep shocking his brain if this is not going to work (...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Resistant or long-standing depression needs treatment with a mood stabilizer that has not been given the list on ongoing medicines. I would recommend that you add a mood stabilizer like Divalproex sodium or Lithium Carbonate. It will help hold the mood in place once ...  Read Full »

How to cope up with depressive thoughts caused after TB diagnosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old female. I weigh about 52 kg. So from the last one year, right after my graduation, I am at home as I was diagnosed with TB. So being at home I feel depressed. My mood changes every minute. My behavior from the last six months is irritating and arrogant. The people a...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your description and symptoms are typical of major depressive disorder. This happens very commonly, one in four women can have this at any point in their life. Due to any prolonged stresses, sometimes the stress handling capacity of the brain gets reduced due to the ...  Read Full »

What medication in the SNRI class works the best for major depression?

Query: Hello doctor, I need help for my 19-year-old son. He has tried SSRI's which did not work (Then we had the Gene testing done and it showed that he should not be on the one that he was on) and seemed to make him worse. He is now on an SNRI, the same one that his mother is on and that is not working ...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly sir, it is just a brief labelling to broadly differentiate classes, but many people who do not respond to one SSRI/SNRI, will do well with another drug of the same class, so cross switching between classes is also done. Among the SNRI, my personal experience...  Read Full »