Major Depressive Disorder

Why do I feel sad all the time?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel sad most of the time. I do not know why I am always like this. I am a 24 year old male, and I work as a network engineer.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The details you have provided about your problem are very brief. Although, if you have these problems for more than two weeks then you are probably suffering from a major depressive disorder. A major depressive disorder is a condition in which patients develop sadness l...  Read Full »

How can I stop myself from always thinking about my end?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old male. My height is 170 cm and weight is 70 kg. I am worrying about uncertainty like death, heart failure, sadness, weakness, shortness of breath, etc. I am helpless and there is no joy in my work. I am always thinking of my end.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The details you provided about your problem are very brief. Although, I can say that, if you have this problem for more than two weeks but not from the days you remember, you are probably suffering from major depressive disorder. Major depressive disorder is a conditio...  Read Full »

I am suffering from depression, and I think that I am not worthy. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor,I always overthink. I am suffering from depression, and I always end up thinking that I am not worth anything. I always get chills while arguing with someone. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern. You may have major depressive disorder. There is non-pharmacological management for depression, and I suggest you follow the guidelines given below; a) Exercise daily for 30 - 45 minutes, at least go for a ...  Read Full »

I have problems focusing on things. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have lots of problems focusing on things. I lack confidence in dealing with the public and get nervous in a social gathering. I become irritated when something wrong happens and always have negative ideas. I have hydrophobia too. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and can understand your concerns. The presence of negative thoughts, irritability, irrational fear, and low self-esteem indicates the possibility of clinically major depressive disorder. I like to assure you that this is a treatable condition, and ...  Read Full »

I see myself emotionally broke most of the time. What is the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a session with one of the doctors in this forum. She helped me in getting into focus and gave me ideas on overcoming my problems. But, I seem to be lost and blank lately. Nothing seems interesting and everything happening around me seems suspicious. I see myself emotionally...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you could be suffering from depression. Depression of such intensity requires medication and cure is possible in such cases. Breath relaxation exercises or meditation is also helpful, but not a substitute for medications.   Read Full »

Are BDD and anxiety disorder hereditary?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old married male. I suffered from BDD, general anxiety disorder, and major depressive disorder for the past 8 years. I take Fluoxetine 60 mg and Oxcarbazepine as a mood stabilizer. Things are in control now with little ups and downs. My main concern is that I am married ...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You mentioned yourself as a male. So I do not think these medicines will affect you. Fluoxetine is safe for a pregnant lady, but Oxcarbazepine should be avoided in pregnancy. For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor...  Read Full »

How to avoid feeling low after stopping depression medicine?

Query: Hi doctor, When my father passed away, I was diagnosed with major depression and had been on medication Lexapro for about a year. My psychiatrist recently stopped my medications as I was feeling rather normal. Shortly, I came for holidays overseas hoping to become more relaxed and at ease. But, I am...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation. You were taking Lexapro, which contains Escitalopram, since a long time. Sudden stopping of this drug causes withdrawal symptoms like poor sleep, low mood, loss of interest in cheerful activities, etc. I will suggest you make yourself busy...  Read Full »

What is the non-pharmacological management for depressive disorder?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is a 67-year-old male, and he has no diabetes, heart disease, or any other disease. But he feels exhausted and lazy, not involved in family talk, is silent always, and is not interested in foods. Before 1.6 years, his younger brother passed away. After that incident, his health...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. I can understand your father's situation. He may have a major depressive disorder. Non-pharmacological management is needed for his depression. He should try to follow the below guidelines to deal with it. 1) He should do...  Read Full »

Why do I get so intimidated by others?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38-year-old male. I am married and I have a child. I have difficulty in sleeping at night. But I always feel sleepy. I forget things easily. I have low concentration and I am lethargic. I have confusion to take a decision. I have low self-esteem with low confidence. I feel like ...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are typically seen in major depressive disorder. It is common to have it in 1 in 4 males and 1 in 8 females. It occurs due to reduced levels of certain neurotransmitters such as serotonin in the body. It reduces the stress-handling capacity of the brai...  Read Full »

How to manage antidepressant discontinuation syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female with a history of the major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder, including an extensive family history of both as well. Currently, on 300 mg of Bupropion (Wellbutrin) and 150 mg of Venlafaxine (Effexor), each once daily, taken in the mornings. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Antidepressant discontinuation is unlikely here as there had been no change in drug dosage recently unless you had missed a dose. These brain zaps could be due to stress or the medication itself and usually stops on their own after some time. In my opinion practising r...  Read Full »