Detoxification

How to convince a patient with drug addiction for detoxification?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is voluntarily taking drugs and Marijuana (Cannabis) for the past one year. He wants to leave but have a fear of pain during detox. How should his fiancee and I help or convince him to go for medication? How to treat him emotionally? He wants to leave, and even after taking, he...  Read Full »

Dr. Guruvamsee Krishna Avvaru

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your son is taking only marijuana, it is easy to quit, but it is difficult to stop with advice if he is taking drugs like heroin or morphine. Suppose he is addicted to heroin, it is better to admit to any de-addiction center. If your son is using only marijuana, do n...  Read Full »

Why am I feeling tired after inhaling gasoline in a car shop?

Query: Hello doctor, I have always been scared of gasses and other environments dangers and sometimes I just cannot stop thinking about them. So, please do not scare me more here, but could you please advice me and tell me if the danger I am thinking about is something to worry about or nothing at all. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have the answer "I think it is because I have been thinking about this over and over in my head". Generally, it is true that environmental toxicity (air pollutions or water pollutions) are increasing that directly affects our health. If you have a respiratory aller...  Read Full »

What are the disadvantages of drinking honey with hot water?

Query: Hello doctor, Every morning I used to take hot water with honey and lemon. Can it have any side effects if I keep taking it for so long? Does it help to reduce body weight?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query on this platform. No, it will not have any side effects. Neither will it reduce your body weight but, it will help to detoxify your body. If you have to lose weight then you should decrease calorie intake in your diet and...  Read Full »

Please advise me about the fasting method of detoxification.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I am obese with weight 110 kg and taking BP medicines. I want to detoxify my body. I read somewhere a schedule for detoxification of the body. In this chart some days they want to remain on a liquid diet that is, only on water. Is that a safe way to detoxify? I have t...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Naturopathy has the fasting procedure for detoxification based on body condition. If you wish to fast weekly once, then Thursday is the good day. The whole day, you can drink only fruit juice, water, lemon juice or any herbal juices. All should be only liquid. On...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms due to protein toxicity?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a protein shake for three weeks, around five scoops a day. Since then I get a pulsation in my buttocks and legs. This also causes dizziness most of the time. If I eat too much this problem gets worse. Drinking a lot of water helps but it is not sorting out the problem. I was advised...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep V Nair

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your question I feel that you are really worried about the ill effects of protein shake. Let me assure you that a protein shake is perfectly safe even if you have taken in large quantities as mentioned. The fact that even after three weeks it has no...  Read Full »

How can I clean and detox my blood after breathing wood smoke?

Query: Hi doctor, I am very sensitive to wood smoke. The particle smaller than PM 2.5 or smallest ultrafine particles in wood smoke can behave like gases and can pass through the lungs and reaches the bloodstream directly. I have an increase in blood viscosity level after experiencing the smoke. I can fee...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Our lung alveolar macrophage will do the job of clearing particles through the phagocytosis process. But when the load is over, or daily exposure is there, then phagocytosis can become defective. There is no specific drug needed for detoxification. You can practice the ...  Read Full »

I consumed food containing toxin. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, While I was having fast food in a restaurant, I found some material not familiar to me in the food. Two days later, I visited the same restaurant and had the same food. But there was no similar material that I found two days ago. After that event, I have been thinking if that substan...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to give a scientific explanation of food/chemical toxicity. The ingredients used to prepare fast food may not always be the same. The cook may use different brands, different batch of the same manufacturer, or different item itself. The procedure of cookin...  Read Full »

Please help my husband to come out of alcohol addiction.

Query: Hi doctor, My husband has been addicted to alcohol. He gives many reasons like he wished to become an IAS officer, but failed without support. He is good at work. He feels bored when there is no work. He is allergic to Insulin. He does not take any medicine. He needs help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not given much information regarding your husband's problem. First, I need to know about his education, occupation, history of marital adjustment, etc. Second, since how many years he is taking alcohol? How much amount he is taking? What happens when he le...  Read Full »

What is the Ayurvedic treatment for early multiple sclerosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have early multiple sclerosis. I feel tired and loss of concentration, and tingling sensation on the face for the last two years. What is the treatment? I am currently taking Brufen.  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You visit nearby Ayurveda panchakarma center and do the cleansing or detoxifying process first. Once in a year, you can undergo panchakarma therapy. Also, start yoga practice for lifelong. Yoga can prevent the degenerative changes in multiple sclerosis. In addition, you...  Read Full »