Q. Does taking hot water with honey cause any side effects?

Published on Dec 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2019

Every morning I used to take hot water with honey and lemon. Can it have any side effects if I keep taking it for so long? Does it help to reduce body weight?

#

Thanks for your query on this platform.

• No, it will not have any side effects. Neither will it reduce your body weight but, it will help to detoxify your body.
  • If you have to lose weight then you should decrease calorie intake in your diet and increase physical exercise. Weight loss should be gradual over a period of few months.
  • The diet should include increased fiber, decreased carbohydrates, trans fats and saturated fats; and also increased omega-3 and 9 fatty acids.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Can you explain what are those Omega 3 and 9 fatty acids? How to take this? Will it cause any side effect?

#

Omega 3 and Omega 9 are fatty acids, in layman terms are multivitamins tablets. Omega 3 and 9 are used for multiple conditions associated with cardiac functions and is cardioprotective, reduces triglycerides levels in blood and prevents many diseases and also increases metabolism of the body.

Usually, the content of Omega 3 and 9 fatty acids range from 200 mg to 1000 mg. You can take one tablet twice daily, one after breakfast and other after dinner at night. Taking oral Omega 3 and 9 fatty acids are known to cause headaches in the initial period in some persons.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »

What should I do to concentrate in my studies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student. When I sit for study, I just start feeling distractions from small noises and things. Most of the time, I go to imaginations of things I want to create and sometimes, I suddenly start daydreaming about different kinds of thoughts. Sometimes, I start to remember about pa...  Read Full »

Why am I always hungry and thirsty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and my weight is 160. For the past month, I have been experiencing weight loss, increased hunger, increased thirst, and frequently need to go to the bathroom to pee out large amounts. My skin has become dry. I have also lost...  Read Full »