Q. Does taking hot water with honey cause any side effects?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2019

Every morning I used to take hot water with honey and lemon. Can it have any side effects if I keep taking it for so long? Does it help to reduce body weight?

#

Thanks for your query on this platform.

• No, it will not have any side effects. Neither will it reduce your body weight but, it will help to detoxify your body.
  • If you have to lose weight then you should decrease calorie intake in your diet and increase physical exercise. Weight loss should be gradual over a period of few months.
  • The diet should include increased fiber, decreased carbohydrates, trans fats and saturated fats; and also increased omega-3 and 9 fatty acids.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Can you explain what are those Omega 3 and 9 fatty acids? How to take this? Will it cause any side effect?

#

Omega 3 and Omega 9 are fatty acids, in layman terms are multivitamins tablets. Omega 3 and 9 are used for multiple conditions associated with cardiac functions and is cardioprotective, reduces triglycerides levels in blood and prevents many diseases and also increases metabolism of the body.

Usually, the content of Omega 3 and 9 fatty acids range from 200 mg to 1000 mg. You can take one tablet twice daily, one after breakfast and other after dinner at night. Taking oral Omega 3 and 9 fatty acids are known to cause headaches in the initial period in some persons.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|