Detrusor Weakness

My sister suffers a lot due to frequent urination. Is it good to take Cystopen for it?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is 20 years old. She has a problem of frequent urination. She has to urinate numerous times. She has undergone cystoscopy and urodynamics test. She has a small and weak bladder with 350 mL capacity. But, the reason behind frequent urination has to be diagnosed still. The doctor ...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh Badaku Desai

General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I went through your sister's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your sister's uroflow study shows an average flow rate of 13.5 mL per second (normal more than 15 mL per second) and a desire to micturate and bladder capaci...  Read Full »

Is it normal to constrict your muscles to urinate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 53 years old with type 2 insulin dependent diabetes. For the past five years, my urine stream has become slow. As the stream is slow, I cannot stand and urinate. But, I feel that the bladder is empty after urination. In all scans the prostate is normal including the latest one. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know few more details to help you in a better way. Do you have any stress incontinence? Is there involuntary dribbling of urine when coughing? Do you have any urgency that is unable to control passing urine once you got the thought of passing urine? Do yo...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest ayurvedic treatment for frequent urination.

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is 20 years old. She does not feel bladder emptying and she was diagnosed to have a weak bladder. She has frequent urination problem and undergoing allopathy treatment for the past one year. Still, there is no significant improvement. Is there any treatment for frequent urina...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The weakness of the bladder has already been diagnosed. This weakness is due to the weakening of urinary bladder muscles. As a result, the bladder is unable to control the urge of voiding whenever it is full. The most effective thing in weak bladder is to do exercises,...  Read Full »

Will Botox treat a weak detrusor muscle and an overactive bladder?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been told that I have a weak detrusor muscle and an overactive bladder. I feel constant irritation in the bladder and sometimes, my lower abdomen area swells up. I had negative urine cultures, and I have been told Botox may help me, but I can only have 50 % or so strength due to...  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Botox is used for overactive bladder, once oral anticholinergic medication fails to give benefit. Botox gives benefit for 6 to 9 months, so it has to be repeated after a year. There is a risk of detrusor acontractility after injection, for which you might have to use C...  Read Full »