Q. Is a deviated nasal septum the cause of recurrent cold?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

I have suffered from a deviated nasal septum and an allergy for 12 years. Due to this, I have been suffering from recurrent colds and mucous for the past 12 years. I experience itchiness in the eyes and a constant urge to blow my nose. I am also suffering from Asthma.

Kindly provide me with a solution to my problem so I can get relief.

#

A deviated nasal septum cannot be treated with medicines. Therefore, it is important to visualize the nasal septum first to understand the root cause of the symptoms. Then, you need to perform an X-ray or CT (computed tomography) scan and share your reports. If the deviation is severe, we might have to advise you of surgery to correct it.

The allergy may be genetic and can only be controlled by medicines and avoiding the allergen that causes the allergy. Immunosuppressant therapy is also advised for serious cases of allergy. Kindly revert with your reports.

|