Q. Can you explain what is wrong with my dad's heart?

Dr. Isaac Gana

My 65 year old father has a heart problem. I am attaching his medical reports with this message.

#

I have gone through your dad's results (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The echo investigation indicated an evidence of diastolic dysfunction. This can be caused by cardiomyopathy, or in aged patients with diabetes or hypertension, etc.
  • I  generally recommend a treatment only if the patient is symptomatic. In the case of symptoms, beta blockers are what I first prescribe with an ACE inhibitor (angiotensin converting enzyme).

I suggest you discuss this option with his specialist. I wish him a quick recovery.

For further queries consult a cardiologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Thank you for the quick response. I had a discussion with his cardiologist. The details of the discussion are attached. Please check whether it is in order.

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I have gone through the cardiologist's prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• I suggest you continue with all the medications as prescribed by him.
  • His recovery will take time as this is a chronic disease. Also, he should reduce his salt intake.

Best regards.

|