Ace Inhibitors

ACE (Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme) inhibitors are medicines used to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, heart attacks, chronic kidney diseases, and scleroderma. Benazepril, Captopril, and Enalapril are examples of ACE inhibitors.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What is the meaning of ballerina foot?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been told that I have ballerina foot. Is this dangerous? Does it mean I have a heart disease? Or is it a common finding?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Pillai


Answer: Hi, Welcome to It means that you have a condition known as mitral valve prolapse. Mitral valve prolapse predisposes to mitral regurgitation that is valvular leak. So, you have to be monitored annually to see the degree of valve leak. For further information consult a cardiologist onlin...  Read Full »

Is surgery necessary for mitral valve leak?

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is 46 years old. She recently had her routine physical examinations and they found out her mitral valve could not close fully, but very light degree. The doctor there thinks that she does not need a surgery and he did not mention anything else. So, I really want a second opinion on...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Maroti Celerio Mandurke


Answer: Hi, Welcome to From your short descriptions, I understood that there is a leak in the mitral valve. Yes, mild to moderate leak can be managed with medicine, but if severe leak is there, then at some stage operation is required. I can guide you more if you send echo report and more hist...  Read Full »

Can microalbumiuria be completely reversed?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a diabetic. My microalbumin rates are fluctuating. When I was first diagnosed it is around 200 for the first time, 118 for the second time, 40 for the third time, 120 for the fourth time and 27 for the fifth time. Why these are values are varying? Can you suggest the best time t...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to See, it can vary from laboratory to laboratory. Moreover, timings do not affect it as it is a spot sample. Since your report is persistently declining it is a good thing. A rising level of microalbumin is of a problem and this might needs an evaluation. In your case,...  Read Full »

Is there any medicine available to cure left ventricular dysfunction?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 53 years old. I have to discuss with you about my mother's heart problem. Two years ago, we get to know that she is suffering from heart disease so we consulted a reputed cardiologist. He examined her and said that the only treatment for her problem is bypass surgery and...  Read Full »

Dr. Ilir Sharka


Answer: Hello, Welcome to As far as I understand your mother is suffering from heart failure. Unfortunately, there is not too much to be done. A definite solution would be a heart transplant. Anyway, an optimization of her therapy can help improve her situation. So, I would recommend adding a...  Read Full »

I have AFib, thick spot and fluid in heart. Is there any other treatment than medication?

Query: Hello doctor, What medications would you prescribe if someone has a part of their heart that is not working, AFib, an EF of 25, a thick spot in the heart and is having fluid build up? Is medication the only hope?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Pillai


Answer: Hi, Welcome to From your query, it appears as if the patient has severe LV dysfunction and on top of that atrial fibrillation. Hence, I would prescribe drugs like beta blockers, ACE inhibitors, aldosterone antagonists and also Amiodarone if the atrial fibrillation is running at a fast r...  Read Full »

What does my test result indicates creatinine urine and protein urine?

Query: Hi doctor, I have my serum creatinine, serum uric acid, creatinine urine and protein urine test done. The result indicates that I have creatinine 1.37, uric acid 9.6, creatinine urine 169.84 and protein urine 31.9. My current medication is Amlovas 5 mg tablet once daily and Seloken XL 50 mg once dai...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It seems that you are suffering from hypertensive nephropathy. You would need to know and understand that you need strict control of blood pressure and the addition of an agent. I suggest you to take an ACE (angiotensin-converting enzyme) inhibitors like Ramipril, whic...  Read Full »

How can we improve the rate of LVEF?

Query: Hi doctor, My father had a heart attack three weeks ago. Now, he is under medication and in complete rest at home. But echocardiogram report says his LVEF rate is 29 %. Some cardiac enzymes are high. How can we improve the rate of LVEF? Can this percentage get improved by rest or diet or something? ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Pillai


Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your father had a heart attack and from his echocardiography report, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) the affected areas are thinned out and akinetic. It means that the heart muscles have lost their function in these areas. He can take drugs like beta bl...  Read Full »

What could be the cause of ventricular fibrillation?

Query: Hello doctor, My 29 year old brother had a pacemaker placed three years ago after survival from a sudden cardiac arrest. Doctors found the cause of the cardiac arrest to be a ventricular fibrillation. Last week was the first time he received a shock from his pacemaker, that is, exactly three years...  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Ventricular fibrillation, the commonest cause is coronary artery disease. The other causes are dilated cardiomyopathy or low heart function. What is his ejection fraction? Low ejection fraction due to any reason like coronary artery disease or others can lead to v...  Read Full »

Why are there calcified plaques in the coronary arteries?

Query: Hello doctor, My father had a stent surgery two months back. After that, he has been feeling a burning sensation and deep coughing. Yesterday at his CT scan, the left anterior descending artery had a calcified plaque with proximal LAD of moderate intensity of more than 70%, and also a densely calci...  Read Full »

Dr. Ritendra Nath Talapatra


Answer: Hello, Welcome to If the patient had a stent surgery then why he is only on aspirin? He should be on dual antiplatelet, high dose statin, ACE (angiotensin-converting enzyme) inhibitor and a beta blocker. Please revise the medication chart. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss wi...  Read Full »

Please explain my father's heart problem from the medical report.

Query: Hi doctor, My father has diabetes for the past 15 years and he is suffering from heart problem for the past four years. Recently he was admitted to the hospital due to severe breathing problem, sudden fainting, loss of appetite and water accumulation in the stomach and legs. After taking treatment ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to After careful review, I can appreciate well the sensitivity of the issues you and your family is suffering from. Your father seems to have left heart failure (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that landed him twice in the hospital. He is having the...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.