Q. A 52 year old male is unable to walk due to nerve damage. Kindly help.

Dr. Aida Quka
Published on Apr 06, 2018

My uncle is 52 years old. He had an issue when he was in his young age. His nerve got pinched and due to that incident, he is not able to walk properly. He has gone through so many tests recently. But we are not satisfied with the treatment. Please, clear whom should we consult.

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

I reviewed all his tests (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain that they indicate a possible genetic disorder which causes progressive paralysis. Unfortunately, there is no cure for these disorders as the brain cells and spinal cord cells die gradually. I would recommend consulting with a geneticist and performing genetic analysis. Physiotherapy is the main treatment for your uncle.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

Tricep twitching after electric shock. Could it be nerve damage?

Query: Hello doctor,I received an electrical shock last night. The shock did not hurt, just felt it go up my arm and across my chest. I dropped the probe right when I felt it. No burn marks. Afterward, I was having sharp pains in my chest. I went to the ER, docs did EKG, took blood and urine, said everythi...  Read Full »

I am getting intense back pain and cramps. Could this be a miscarriage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 17 year old female. I am on the birth control pill Azurette and have had unprotected sex with the combined pull out method and the pill. Lately, I have been feeling intense back pain to the point of the inability to lay down in bed and extreme difficulty walking. Also, severe cramp...  Read Full »

Can any test determine if a person will have abnormal kids?

Query: Hi doctor, Can normal tests tell that a person will have abnormal kids or no kids at all? Please explain.  Read Full »