Q. I have more hair in my thigh and arm than other parts of the body. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Shaunak Patel

I am 23 years old. My thigh and arm have more hair than other parts of the body since I am 15. I want to get rid of it, so please suggest me treatment.

#

It is a widespread problem among boys. The issue of more hair is not uncommon since accepting it or not we are a hairy race. Causes include mainly genetic (80 %), race. Did you also start to plucking the area as many boys do? This could mean that you put your hair follicles into growth phase sooner than desired. Also, it is a known scientific fact that rubbing, teasing, and plucking sets the hair cycle in motion. The best alternative is to use a hair removing the cream. If you are looking for a more permanent solution than laser hair reduction is the way to go.

|