Q. I have more hair in my thigh and arm than other parts of the body. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Shaunak Patel
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 13, 2019

I am 23 years old. My thigh and arm have more hair than other parts of the body since I am 15. I want to get rid of it, so please suggest me treatment.

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

It is a widespread problem among boys. The issue of more hair is not uncommon since accepting it or not we are a hairy race. Causes include mainly genetic (80 %), race. Did you also start to plucking the area as many boys do? This could mean that you put your hair follicles into growth phase sooner than desired. Also, it is a known scientific fact that rubbing, teasing, and plucking sets the hair cycle in motion. The best alternative is to use a hair removing the cream. If you are looking for a more permanent solution than laser hair reduction is the way to go.

How did I get positive Jkb antibodies?

Query: Hi doctor,I received a notice after my child's birth as I am positive for Jkb antibodies. Is there a treatment for this? What can a doctor do for this? Does this affect future pregnancy? Where does this come from? How did I get it? I have always been anemic and had Iron supplement. I am not sure whe...  Read Full >>

Dr. Uphar Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Taking Iron supplementation and being anemic are not connected to Jkb antibodies. This is genetic and rarely expresses itself, so rarely seen. It is a rare immunological disorder and it rarely causes lysis of red blood cells in renal medulla due to high urine in there. N...  Read Full

Kindly suggest appropriate tests and treatment for my symptoms.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old white female. My height is 5'4" and weight is 165 lbs. I am a healthy athlete (crossfit athlete and a former state champion). I had a very high stress as entrepreneur for more than 5 years. My initial complaints were low energy, depression, fatigue, irregular, heavy per...  Read Full >>

Dr. Bindiya Thakkar
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is probably PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) as you mentioned. Your history is consistent with it. I need the actual report of testosterone to know the method used for analysis and whether it was total or bioavailable testosterone. I noticed the liver function test...  Read Full

Does laser hair removal help with acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old man. I would like to ask your opinion about laser hair removal. I have read a lot in the last days and almost everywhere it is said that it is not bad for your health and body and one of the best ways to deal with hair. I am thinking about doing laser removal of hai...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The laser is a safe, painless and permanent method to get rid of unwanted hairs. It is called laser hair reduction to be more precise. Let me explain to you how this laser works: When the laser is passed through the skin, it targets melanocyte (pigment-producing...  Read Full