Q. I am suffering from dizziness and muscle pain. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Shakti Mishra
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I am an athlete have severe dizziness, muscle pain in the neck, and behind the neck. In the upper back vibration of shoulders when I move. Please help.

Do you have a question on Dizziness or Neck Pain?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Shakti Mishra

B.P.T., M.I.A.F.T., M.I.A.P., M.P.T
Fitness Expert Nutritionist Physiotherapy Yoga

It might be a neurological problem. Due to which there are muscle and nerve involvement. Neurological tests are required to be conducted. Once the exact cause is known, you can go for a physiotherapy session consisting of stretching of the neck and shoulder muscles, deep, transverse friction massage, SWD (short wave diathermy), and neural stretch.

Does the treatment help me? Deep tissue massage I follow with a doctor now.

Dr. Shakti Mishra

B.P.T., M.I.A.F.T., M.I.A.P., M.P.T

Yes, deep tissue friction massage can ease your neck and muscle pain.

Please explain MRI taken for neck pain.

Query: Hi doctor,I have neck pain. Kindly help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I could only view eight images from your MRI cervical spine scan (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The pictures which you have sent do not show the spinal canal and the discs in detail. Please send all the MRI images which are available on your CD DVD an...  Read Full

How can I get rid of neck pain due to prolonged sitting?

Query: Hello doctor, I have to sit nine hours per day at work. Due to long time sitting, there is a pain in my neck. What should I do to get rid of this pain?  Read Full >>

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A very common issue with people working on the desk. Long hours at a stretch spent in poor posture and bad ergonomic position leads to the symptoms you describe. I will recommend reading about the correct office or desk posture and making changes to your laptop scree...  Read Full

Why is there neck pain on turning to side?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my neck whenever I turn it to the left, occurring in the back left-hand side of my neck, and this has been happening for the last six months. I am currently on no medication. I am a female, age 15, 5'5".  Read Full >>

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. I feel that there could be some facet irritation that can lead to this restriction and pain on your left side of the neck. Do not worry. I suggest you to kindly use a neck pillow or support your neck properly while sleeping. At least make su...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now