Q. Is it safe to take Telma 40 and Dilzem tablets together?

Answered by Dr. Vivek Pillai and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Drug Interactions or Blood Pressure? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hello doctor,

My father recently underwent an operation on his right leg, that is, PFN. After the operation was performed, an echo was done on the 16th of last month. The echo pressure is 75 mmHg and RA-RV were dilated. So, the doctor suggested the following medicines:

• Dilzem SR twice a day.
  • Lexilactone half tablet in the morning.
  • Eliquis 5 mg twice a day.

On the 5th of this month, an echo was done again. The pressure was 40 mmHg and normal RA-RV. We consulted the doctor on the 17th, and he suggested the following medicines: 

• Dilzem SR 90 twice a day.
  • Equilis 5 mg twice a day.
  • Telma 40 at night.

Is it safe to take Telma 40 and Dilzem SR both tablets together as both lower the blood pressure? His BP is 126/80. Before the operation, my father took Telpress am 40 regularly.