Q. Will Vigantol and Tavanik cause any drug reaction in a prostatitis patient?

Dr. Karthik Rajan
Published on Nov 04, 2018

I am being treated for chronic prostatitis rebounce. It is now the third day I am taking Tavanik (Levofloxacin) 500 mg a day. I am taking it the same time each day among other medications. One of them is Vigantol 1000 I.E. My doctor told me to take Tavanik at least one hour after and before other medications. I think I have errored and might have taken Vigantol soon after Tavanik. Any problem with that?

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Andrology Urology
#

I have gone through your query, your doctor had suggested you take Levofloxacin before any other medication as the absorption will be better. Usually, we instruct patients to wait for an hour at least so that the drug can be absorbed. Unless you took both the medication together, even if you had spaced them by 30 minutes you should be fine. There is nothing to be concerned. But I would suggest you space the medication properly from now, because in chronic prostatitis, the more the drug is absorbed, better is its action.

I have dark underarms, upper lips and inner thighs. What has to be done?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from dark underarms, dark upper lips, dark under inner thighs. Also I have darkness around mouth and dark lining around lips. Please suggest me effective medications. I have tried home remedies for the same but I was not able to see visible results, please suggest me effe...  Read Full »

I am not getting sound sleep. Can you suggests any medications?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old. Two years ago, one night I heard that my fiance is cheating me. I could not sleep that night, and I got a severe panic attack. My sleep has become worse in the past two years. Every night, I try to go to bed, but I cannot sleep. Sometimes, I get some sleep, but ...  Read Full »

What is the cause for frequent urination issue?

Query: Hello doctor,Three years back, I had frequent urination problem. I underwent several tests, scans, TRUS and also underwent cystoscopy twice. They found classification in prostate and termed it as prostatitis. I had consulted close to 5 doctors and some of them said it is not prostatitis. So, still ...  Read Full »