Drug Side Effects

Does intake of Seroquel cause some metabolic side effects?

Query: Hi doctor,I am taking Seroquel XR 150 mg for a few weeks. I have PCOS and I am obese. I am concerned about the metabolic side effects. Are they dose-dependent?  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns about the metabolic side effects of Seroquel (Quetiapine). There are some side effects developed after taking Seroquel and it is evident within a few weeks. The first side effects developed after taking Seroquel is gaining ...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms due to the nine different drugs I take?

Query: Hi doctor, I am just sitting, and suddenly I drop whatever is in my hand, and my head goes down. I do this several times a day. What is wrong with me? I take nine different drugs, but I have been on all for a long time; this just started three months ago.  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is more, it seems to get worse gradually, so we are talking about a neurological condition that makes your hand and head drop several times a day. The most likely conditions which can cause this kind of symptoms are some not so common forms of epilepsy or narcoleps...  Read Full »

What are the side effects caused by BP medicine?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is an 84-year-old male. He takes Amlodipine 2.5 twice a day; whole day BP is average or little high except when he gets anxious, BP gets high and ranges from 170/90 to 200/100, to reduce BP I was Sorbitrate with which his anxiety also get reduced (this happens five to six days ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, Lasilactone is not necessary now, and it should be avoided considering his history of getting unconscious with it. We should slightly increase the dose of his current medications. However, Amlodipine should be changed to Cilnidipine as the leg and feet swelling i...  Read Full »

Can Amlodipine and Telmisartan cause discoloration of the tongue?

Query: Hi doctor, I am not able to eat spicy food at all for about six to eight months. Even if the food is slightly spicy, it causes a burning sensation in my mouth. Also my tongue has turned a bit darker, like I can see it is not pink as it should be because it is on a darker side.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and the attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am very sorry for the discomfort. As a specialist, I am here to help you. As per your tongue's image, it is blackish in some areas, and the other major part is whitish....  Read Full »

What are the side effects of Ginette 35?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22-year-old female, and I am taking Ginette 35 for acne treatment. What are the side effects? Will it affect my future pregnancy? Are there any chances of breast cancer?  Read Full »

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understood your problem. Ginette 35 is a combination of Cyproterone acetate, and Ethinyl estradiol is an oral contraceptive used to treat pimples associated with polycystic ovarian disease and hirsutism. It is a perfect drug for acne treatment if indicated. But is as...  Read Full »

Is Gluformin XL 500 a safe drug?

Query: Hi doctor, I take Gluformin XL 500 every night after dinner. I feel pain in muscles and have some stomach problems. I am a sugar patient.  Read Full »

Dr. Shanmugasundar G

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been great if you had given me further information like your age, weight, HbA1c, creatinine level, and details about other medications. Anyway, it is well known that Metformin can cause gastric complications. You must also be suffering from the same. But M...  Read Full »

How to prevent side effects of Sulfamethoxazole-Trimethoprim?

Query: My GP prescribed Sulfamethoxazole-TMP DS for Prostatitis, and I'm having very bad side effects from it. What, besides drinking a ton of water, can be done to get it out of my system? Male/51 yrs old/5'9"/210 lbs.  Read Full »

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Cardiologist, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The Sulfamethoxazole component of the drug is a sulfa drug and therefore, prone to cause significant side effects, or even severe allergic reactions. The half-life of the drug under reference is 12 hours. Hence, with plenty of water, the drug will be fully excreted out ...  Read Full »

I have stomach pain after taking migraine medicine last night. What should I do?

Query: I have chronic gastritis for about a year. Last year I had 2 bleeding ulcers. I had to take migraine medicine last night and it usually upsets my stomach. All through the night the stomach pain woke me up. It has made noises all night and I actually just vomited. What does this mean and what should ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. Well I can understand you must be very concerned about your symptoms when they bring you out of your sleep at night. It would have very easier for me and you to figure out what caused this symptoms to develop overnight if you have mentioned the medications you have...  Read Full »

Why am I having loose stools on and off very often for six months now?

Query: I am having constant loose stools. I take Adderall, Intuniv, zoloft and a pill for acid reflux. I am a 17 soon to be 18 year old female. I am 5'4 and 215 lbs. This has been on and off very often for up to 6 months now.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to clinic. After reviewing your medication profile, These one medication zoloft and to some extent adderall and intuniv cause gastrointestinal upset. The one of such common adverse effect is diarrhea with zoloft. Secondly these medication have tendency to increase body weight,...  Read Full »

Can Oxycodone affect the fetus if taken during pregnancy?

Query: I took 15mg Oxycodone yesterday and the day before and realized I’m pregnant today. I just tested positive on a pregnancy test, I had taken opiates for pain two days ago. I see a dr after a couple of days, but I want to know if fetus will likely be ok.  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Dear, Good morning. firstly congratulations on your pregnancy and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy. I fully understand that you had to take Oxycodone for your certain problems most probably some pain etc. see it's your early pregnancy and unless you are addicted to it and don't use it on re...  Read Full »