Q. Can Ciprofloxacin cause delirium in elderly?

Dr. Divakara P
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2019

Can Ciprofloxacin cause delirium in the elderly? And if yes, how long does it last?

#

• Yes, Ciprofloxacin can cause delirium especially in elderly. But, you need to know that it is an uncommon side effect of Ciprofloxacin and before terming it as drug induced delirium other causes have to be ruled out.
  • If the delirium is due to Ciprofloxacin, then it shall resolve within four to five days after stopping the medicine.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|