Q. What could be the reason for a dry cough for the past nine months?

Dr. Albana Greca

I am having a dry cough for the last nine months. I am not taking any medicine for a dry cough. Suggest some test for a dry cough. What could be the reasons for a dry cough?

#

I understand your concern.

A dry cough for such a long period could be due to acid reflux especially if you are also having stomach burning, burping or acidity problems. I highly recommend to consult with a gastroenterologist and run upper endoscopy in order to determine the right diagnosis. For the moment, I advise you to avoid spicy or oily or high-calorie foods, drink plenty of water, sleep with an extra pillow, take antacids after eating.

|