Q. Is it possible to repair damaged, frizzy and rough hair?

Dr. Rabia
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

I have taken smoothening fourth time with a gap of a one-year interval between each session. But, this time I have taken keratin treatment also. My hairs from the ends are damaged, frizzy and rough. Is it possible to repair them?

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

Keratin treatment is for damaged, rough and frizzy hair. You should always take keratin treatment for hairs.

Take biotin supplements for proper growth and good texture of hair. Get regular trimming of hair at the ends as weathering leads to dry and frizzy ends.

Avoid excessive heating procedures on hairs like straightening or dying of hair especially those that damage the hair. For now, I will suggest you do a little bit of trimming at the ends and keratin treatment will help in solving problems.

| 

What causes acne-like bumps on the upper arms?

Query: Hi doctor, I have acne-like bumps all over my upper arms. I have tried Retin-A, but it did not help. Please guide me.  Read Full »

What causes severe hair loss?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 5'2" and she weighs 55 kg. She is suffering from severe hair loss. She had ferritin test and the level is 29.10. Her hemoglobin level is normal. Please give me suggestion about this doctor.  Read Full »