Q. How to keep the skin well moistened?

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 26, 2015 and last reviewed on: Feb 07, 2019

The use of moisturizer or face wash made my skin glow. If not for five to six days, my skin would become very dull even without any sun exposure. So, I used them regularly. But, I had stopped applying anything on my face for about three months and then my facial skin stopped responding to them. Now my face is much darker than my body. I have tried scrubbing and even chemical peel but no results are seen. I do not think any signs of disease are shown. Then what could be the reason?

#

Welcome to icliniq.com. My inference from the above is that your skin is facing lack of oil.

There is dryness which makes your skin vulnerable to sun and other external influences. Hence it gets dark. However, with moisturizer, the skin gets adequate moisture and hydration and stays supple and healthy.

I suggest you to restart applying the moisturizer on a daily basis. Also, there are combinations of moisturizer + sunscreen + fairness creams in the market. They are offered by all leading brands like Garnier, Neutrogena, Vaseline, Ponds and many more.

These creams are very effective as they provide the required moisture and oils for the skin. They prevent sun-related damage and darkening by acting as a sunscreen that prevents contact of sun rays on the skin. They have ingredients which overtime lightens your skin.

At the same time, please check if your skin gets excessively dry after face wash. Use a mild moisturizing face wash and not any soap. Also, do not use face washes which are meant for people with oily skin as they will dry the skin even more and help evaporate the skin oils.

1. One should understand which moisturizer and face wash works well for their own skin type. It takes time and it is a matter of trial and error. Hence be patient. Using the above suggestion arrive at the best face wash and moisturizer combination for you.
  2. Use moisturizer twice a day (once in the morning and once in the evening). Apply moisturizer after the face wash. When you come back home from outside, wash your face with the face wash. Keep your body towel separate from face towel and change face towel every 3 days if not daily. Let it be dry each time you use it. Change your pillow covers frequently.
  3. Another thing you must take care while changing the products is it does not cause acne or pimples. If you develop acne or blemishes please do not hesitate to write to me. Increased dryness means an increased chance of developing acne.

|