Q. I have pimples at the back of my tongue. Why?

Dr. Honey Arora
Published on Jul 16, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 09, 2019

I am 20 years old. A month ago, I noticed few small pimples at the back of my tongue and I thought that they will get alright on their own. But, they have been there for almost a month.  And, I have halitosis too. I often have a sore throat as well, but it is not severe.

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentistry Oral Implantologist
#

• The bumps are enlarged circumvallate papillae, which can be due to a number of causes like oral infections, acid reflux, throat infections, or a post nasal drip.
  • Halitosis or bad breath can occur due to poor oral hygiene, oral and dental infections, post nasal drip, sinusitis, acid reflux, respiratory infections, or diabetes.
  • You should consult a dentist or an otolaryngologist and get evaluated clinically and with investigations depending upon the suspected cause.
  • The treatment of the underlying cause will relieve the symptoms.
  1. As of now, you should start gargling with a flavored mouthwash twice a day.
  2. You should chew flavored sugarfree chewing gum.
  3. Do warm saline gargles twice a day.
  4. Limit the intake of high aroma foods like onion and garlic.
  5. Drink plenty of water and maintain a good oral hygiene.

For further queries consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Why are my teeth yellow even though I brush them?

Query: Hello doctor, My teeth always get yellow in color, after brushing for two times a day. Also, my mouth stinks.  Read Full »

Can halitosis be caused due to gastritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to ask about halitosis. I already went to the dentist and the dentist said that the problem is not in the mouth and it could be in my stomach so here I am. I hope you can help me because I am at my wit's end right now. How do I know if it is in the stomach? What should I do? I ...  Read Full »

How to Prevent Bad Breath or Halitosis?

Article Overview: This article discusses the causes and management of bad breath which is also called halitosis. Read Article

Dr. Osman Adam
Dentist

Halitosis or a foul odor that comes from the mouth is not a medical emergency, but at least 25 to 30 percent of the world's population complains about this problem. Types: Halitosis can be described in two classes: Bad breath in the morning, which is a normal physiological change. However, it c...  Read Article