Q. I have pimples at the back of my tongue. Why?

Dr. Honey Arora

I am 20 years old. A month ago, I noticed few small pimples at the back of my tongue and I thought that they will get alright on their own. But, they have been there for almost a month.  And, I have halitosis too. I often have a sore throat as well, but it is not severe.

Do you have a question on Throat Infection or Saline Gargling?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Honey Arora

BACHELOR'S IN DENTAL SURGERY
Dentistry Oral Implantologist

• The bumps are enlarged circumvallate papillae, which can be due to a number of causes like oral infections, acid reflux, throat infections, or a post nasal drip.
  • Halitosis or bad breath can occur due to poor oral hygiene, oral and dental infections, post nasal drip, sinusitis, acid reflux, respiratory infections, or diabetes.
  • You should consult a dentist or an otolaryngologist and get evaluated clinically and with investigations depending upon the suspected cause.
  • The treatment of the underlying cause will relieve the symptoms.
  1. As of now, you should start gargling with a flavored mouthwash twice a day.
  2. You should chew flavored sugarfree chewing gum.
  3. Do warm saline gargles twice a day.
  4. Limit the intake of high aroma foods like onion and garlic.
  5. Drink plenty of water and maintain a good oral hygiene.

For further queries consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

What makes my teeth yellow with bad breath even after brushing twice daily?
Query: Hello doctor, My teeth always get yellow in color, after brushing for two times a day. Also, my mouth stinks.  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There could be following reasons for yellowing of teeth. There could be yellow or brown layers of tartar at gumline that needs to be taken out so that your actual enamel can be seen. For it, you need to get your scaling done from the dentist and then do brushing twice a ...  Read Full »

Can halitosis be caused due to gastritis?
Query: Hello doctor, I want to ask about halitosis. I already went to the dentist and the dentist said that the problem is not in the mouth and it could be in my stomach so here I am. I hope you can help me because I am at my wit's end right now. How do I know if it is in the stomach? What should I do? I ...  Read Full »
Dr. Lohit Chauhan
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Halitosis or bad breath usually originates from oral or nasal passages. The cause of it is bacterial decay of residual food and debris. Most common causes of halitosis are periodontal diseases, dental caries, oral cavity infection, and coated or uncleaned tongue or decr...  Read Full »

How to Prevent Bad Breath or Halitosis?
Article Overview: This article discusses the causes and management of bad breath which is also called halitosis.  Read Article »
Dr. Osman Adam
Dentist

Halitosis or a foul odor that comes from the mouth is not a medical emergency, but at least 25 to 30 percent of the world's population complains about this problem. Types: Halitosis can be described in two classes: Bad breath in the morning, which is a normal physiological change. However, it c ...  Read Article »

Ask a Doctor Now