Q. Please suggest tips for very dry skin.

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 20 year old female. I have too much dry skin. I mean extra dry skin. I use almond oil and moisturizing soap, but it is not effective.

#

The skin has to be moisturized well soon after a shower. Use a moisturizer which has ceramide in it like Eucerine moisturizer. Apply to body as soon as you come out of a shower.

Continue using a moisturizing soap. Avoid hot shower, use warm water.

Drink two to three liters of water per day, water is very essential. The common cause of dry skin is thyroid disorders, meet your physician, and get it checked.

Another cause could be ichthyosis (dry scales). Please attach your clinical picture if you have such scaling so that I can give you specific treatment options.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|