Q. Please suggest tips for very dry skin.

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy
Published on Apr 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 20 year old female. I have too much dry skin. I mean extra dry skin. I use almond oil and moisturizing soap, but it is not effective.

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatology Venereology
#

The skin has to be moisturized well soon after a shower. Use a moisturizer which has ceramide in it like Eucerine moisturizer. Apply to body as soon as you come out of a shower.

Continue using a moisturizing soap. Avoid hot shower, use warm water.

Drink two to three liters of water per day, water is very essential. The common cause of dry skin is thyroid disorders, meet your physician, and get it checked.

Another cause could be ichthyosis (dry scales). Please attach your clinical picture if you have such scaling so that I can give you specific treatment options.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

How to cure dry and flaky skin?

Query: Hi doctor, My hands are dry and flaky. How to cure it?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).Though your given picture is not that much clear, I can make out ichthyosis in your forearm (genetic skin disorder - dry and scaly skin).I suggest you use Moisturex soft loti...  Read Full

Please help with itchy red rashes on the thigh.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a problem with dry skin and rashes. I have a history of atopic eczema on the neck for which I am applying Flutivate cream. 4 weeks back some red rashes started coming up with itching. I thought it is because of dry skin, so I applied coconut oil and moisturizer. The redness ha...  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please share in detail about the onset, progression, and duration of the rash. Is popliteal fossa (shallow depression behind knee joint) or antecubital fossa involved? What is the predominant complaint? Is it itching or burning? Do you have any rash over your thig...  Read Full