Q. What is the treatment for duodenal ulcer and gastritis?

Dr. Rajesh Jain

I had H.pylori, and then an endoscopy was done, which shows I have a duodenal ulcer, and a biopsy shows that I have gastritis. This problem began a year ago, and then after four months, I did an endoscopy. I still have some pain especially when I have two to three drinks. I do have some belching too. Please guide. Currently, I am taking Nexium.

#

I suggest the following:

1. Please avoid oily, spicy foods, non-veg foods, and alcohol for six to 12 weeks.

2. Take very simple and light foods.

3. Take salads and fruits more.

4. Take milk regularly.

5. Take small and frequent feeds.

6. Do some relaxation exercises, and go for walks regularly for better digestion.

7. Capsule Pan d (Domperidone and Pantoprazole) one on an empty stomach.

8. Syrup Sucrafil (Sucralfate) 10 ml three times a day.

9. Tablet Amalki (Amalki rasayan, Kamdudha Ras, Pipla mool, Zinc, Garlic, and Trikatu) one twice a day.

I suggest taking it all for six weeks.

Send me a follow-up after seven days.

|