Q. I have chest discomfort and pain after eating a greasy and spicy meal. Why?

Dr. Afifa Nighat
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 26, 2021

I am 20 years old with a weight of 81 kilograms and a height of six feet five inches. I had a spicy meal for the lunch before five hours and after that, I started to have chest pain with discomfort in my left wrist. I am unsure whether it is something to be worried. Is it due to heartburn? Before two years, I had some issues with my eating habits. As a result, I got blacked out randomly and waked up with lot of sweat on the face. The doctor told me that it is due to low blood pressure. Currently, I am taking Adderall.

#

Ongoing through your presenting complaints, I have established the cause of your symptoms. Food taken with high fat or spice content can cause gastritis or exacerbates the condition of underlying gastric or duodenal ulcer problems. Regarding your current symptoms, there is nothing to be worried about as you do not have a family history of cardiovascular diseases. Please mention the reason for taking Adderall and it can cause gastrointestinal side effects.

You have acidity due to intake of food containing fat content or junk food or stress.

Nothing needed in this condition.

You can have gastritis or gastric ulcer.

You can have gastritis.

You can take Omeprazole 20 mg twice daily before taking meals for two weeks. You can take syrup Ulsanic (Sucralfate) two tablespoon thrice daily with meals.

Avoid taking spicy or oily food. You need to drink 10 to 12 glasses of clear water every day. Avoid having caffeine. Have a good sleep for eight hours. Have your head end at a raised position for 45 degrees at night.

Have a follow-up after two weeks.

|