Q. I am almost four weeks pregnant. Is it safe to take two Duphaston tablets daily for five days?

Dr. Reetika Joshi
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 29, 2021

I am 31 years old, trying to conceive for the last eight months, my husband is on Fertyon M tablets, and I had taken a Ferpill kit last month. My last period was on the 12th of last month, and my cycle is regular with 28 days. I was supposed to get my period on the 8th of this month, but it is delayed. I have taken a home pregnancy test. Initially, there was a faint positive line that got darker within four days. I visited the doctor, and the lab urine test done came up negative. I took another home test the same evening, and it was a clear positive within seconds, but the doctor has prescribed Duphaston tablet daily two tablets for five days. I want to know if it is safe at this stage. I am almost four weeks pregnant. Is the home test is reliable? Please suggest.

I am worried.

#

I fully understand your concern and will surely help you.

See, sometimes the pregnancy test comes negative despite having pregnancy as the hCG levels of the patient have not got that high to give a positive result because the test is done early, or sometimes it is because of an incorrect test procedure. I request you what all signs you are feeling which are giving you a feeling of being pregnant other than the urine or blood test. See home tests are also reliable if done properly. I request you to take a urine pregnancy test with the first urine of the day for an accurate result. Do not drink too much fluid prior to your test. Adhere to all guidelines written on the package of the pregnancy test kit.

Continue with Duphaston. It is a hormone-based pill to support pregnancy.

Do not worry. I am always there for you. Based upon the outcome of the pregnancy test kit, we can decide upon further management of your pregnancy.

Feel free to ask any questions or to share any additional information.

|