Q. Does Duphaston delay periods?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 16, 2021

I am 30 years old. I have missed my period for eight days now. On my 24th day of the menstrual cycle, I started using Duphaston once daily and finished the dose yesterday. Usually, my menstrual cycle comes between 26 to 28 days. This month, I got cramps but nothing came out. Could this be a side effect of Duphaston?

#

I want to know the reason for taking Duphaston (Dydrogesterone). If you are planning for pregnancy, then it is advisable to check pregnancy once using a urine pregnancy test at home. If it is negative, then you can wait for two weeks to get your periods as you have finished your course of Duphaston yesterday. It takes a maximum of two weeks to have withdrawal bleeding once the Duphaston is stopped. If you are pregnant, then you will not get your periods even after two weeks. Check it soon.

|