Q. I am having terrible ear pain and mild jaw pain. What is the treatment?

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 08, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 09, 2019

I have earache for the past two days, not terrible pain but it is still there. It has been giving me some tiredness and mild jaw pain as well. What should I do?

#

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

The middle ear infection can be possible according to the mentioned history. You need to get your otoscopy ear examination first to rule out any pathology in the ear if present. If the infection is present in the form of redness and pus in the ear during otoscopy examination, then medication is given accordingly oral as well ear drops. If impacted wax is present than wax loosening drops can be prescribed, meanwhile for the pain you can be prescribed Brufen like medications. I hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

|