Q. I am having terrible ear pain and mild jaw pain. What is the treatment?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Aug 08, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 09, 2019

I have earache for the past two days, not terrible pain but it is still there. It has been giving me some tiredness and mild jaw pain as well. What should I do?

Hematology Pathology
#

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

The middle ear infection can be possible according to the mentioned history. You need to get your otoscopy ear examination first to rule out any pathology in the ear if present. If the infection is present in the form of redness and pus in the ear during otoscopy examination, then medication is given accordingly oral as well ear drops. If impacted wax is present than wax loosening drops can be prescribed, meanwhile for the pain you can be prescribed Brufen like medications. I hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

I have an upper jaw pain and cannot close my mouth. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,From my left front tooth, all the way to the back of my teeth on top hurt. I cannot close my mouth and it feels like the pain is going up into the bone under my nose. What could that possibly be?  Read Full »

I have ear pain after removing ear wax. Is it serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from ear pain for the last two days and it has become really serious now. The entire right side of my face has gone numb and I am not able to hear properly in my right ear. I can listen to some hissing sound. I remember cleaning my ear with my fingers and tried to...  Read Full »

Kindly help me to fix the jaw pain from clenching.

Query: Hi doctor, I clench my jaw a lot, and my mouth hurts quite a bit from doing so. I need to fix the pain from clenching. Kindly help me.  Read Full »