Ear Pain

Kindly tell the management of ear pain.

Query: Hello doctor, I have left ear pain for the past 7 days and I used Ciprofloxacin drop but no relief. Please suggest me.  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain in the ear- If external ear infection was causing pain then there would have been swelling around ear visible, which I suppose is not there. Wax in external ear can also cause pain, but you do not need antibiotic drops for that. Fungal infection can also cause ...  Read Full »

I have earache and hearing loss in the right ear. Do I have an ear infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have earache and hearing loss in the right ear, jaw crackling sounds while speaking and swollen preauricular lymph nodes, what should I do? Do I have an ear infection?  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the details you have provided, there seems to be an infection. The location of it is most probably the ear (especially the outer part called auricle and external auditory canal). To be sure you must consult an ENT specialist who will examine the ear, nose and ...  Read Full »

I ruptured my ear drum a few years ago. Why does it hurt now?

Query: Hello doctor, Seven years ago, I ruptured my right eardrum. I recently went to my doctor because I lost some of my hearing, and I have been having pains in my right ear. My doctor told me that the ear drum healed but there is a lot of scarring on it. Why is my eardrum hurting if it is improved?  Read Full »

Dr. Surabhi Chopra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) A ruptured eardrum, if not infected, is not a serious condition as it will usually heal by itself within 6 to 8 weeks. It is a skin-like structure, and it heals like a skin that is cut heals. In your case, you had a perforation in the eardrum seven years back, and...  Read Full »

My friend is frequently suffering from an ear pain. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend is frequently suffering from an outer ear pain these days. She told me that since she tends to catch a cold, it might be due to that. I fixed an appointment with an ENT yesterday, but surprisingly he told that she does not have any issues with her ear, nose, and throat. It m...  Read Full »

Dr. Riazahmed Syed

Neurologist, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your friend has been taking Franxit (Amitriptyline, Chlordiazepoxide) for how long? Any anti-depressant medication should not be abruptly stopped, and all somatic symptoms and even fatigue, headache, and nervous instability could be related to sudden withdrawal also....  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in my ear when I chew?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old unmarried male. I am getting very sharp and heavy pain in left ear side, inside center part of the ear, whenever I chew or eat food. This was started 4 days back. But, it was not that much noticeable and today morning it has increased. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your ear pain could be either due to a dental problem or nerve problem, a condition called trigeminal neuralgia. If it is dental problem it has to be addressed by a dentist. The treatment is either tooth extraction or a root canal treatment. Hence, first kindly get exa...  Read Full »

Is jaw and ear pain after tooth extraction normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a complicated wisdom tooth removal one week ago. My gum was cut and I have stitches (dissolvable). I still have jaw pain, pain in what I believe are the glands in my neck, some ear pain and the extraction site is still sore. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. Mild discomfort and reduced mouth opening along with swelling are normal for 3 to 5 days after extraction. Since you are telling about the glands (lymph nodes), you will need antibiotics too. Follow the instructions given by your dentist...  Read Full »

I have ear pain with mild hearing loss and throat pain. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my left ear with mild hearing loss. Sometimes I feel some sort of blocking sensation. Since two days, throat is also paining.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the details, you have given I understand that you have a throat infection for the past two days and you also have left earache and ear block. Also mild hearing loss on that side. This is most probably a resultant of the throat infection. There is a tube called e...  Read Full »

I have earache for the past two days, and it gives some mild jaw pain also. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have earache for the past two days, not terrible pain but it is still there. It has been giving me some tiredness and mild jaw pain as well. What should I do?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. The middle ear infection can be possible according to the mentioned history. You need to get your otoscopy ear examination first to rule out any pathology in the ear if present. If the infection is present in the form of redness and pus in the ear during otoscopy...  Read Full »

I have partially extruded ear tubes and having a hard time hearing with itching. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have ear tubes that have extruded or partially extruded, and I am having a hard time hearing. My ears are itchy, and I am having extreme and instant pain if water gets in the ear (at the beach). I have an ear camera, and I can attach photos.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please attach the pictures in which I can see you external ear canal and tympanic membrane. It can be due to middle ear effusion.  Read Full »

I have ear pain after using headphones. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday I used earphones which fit directly into ears for a very long-time. Today I am having extreme unbearable pain in back of head and ears. I have stopped using earphones now. Is there a fast fix for this unbearable back head pain? Can I take Disprin (I never take painkillers)? I us...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My understanding and inference is that the pain is not related to the earphones or sound level. This is because of loud noise which usually produces classical symptoms like giddiness, ringing sound in ear, hearing loss, intolerance to loud sounds and some pain in ear. Y...  Read Full »