Ear Pain

I developed a painful lump at the back of my head after a fall. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, Two years ago, I had a fall from the bike, which resulted in bleeding from one of my ears and blood vomit. I was kept in ICU under observation for two days. After that incident, I had developed a small lump on the back of my head. It used to hurt a little when I touch. Since a few months,...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms. If the lump is getting bigger now, then it is very significant. The symptoms which you said, can be because of the brain fluid getting collected in the lump and so, less fluid in the skull. I would advise you to get a CT scan brain with very th...  Read Full »

How to get rid of TMJ disorder?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a TMJ disorder. I am wondering about my frequent inflammation caused in the left side of TMJ. It gets pushed inside my ears. I can feel or hear the cracking wet noise when I push my jaw forward or a painful pushing feeling is felt inside my ears when I clench my teeth. I started to ...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For TMJ (temporomandibular joint) dysfunction, you can follow this advice. Have hot compresses for five to ten minutes every three hours daily. Take tablet Mobizox (Chlorzoxazone with Diclofenac and Paracetamol) one tablet twice a day for a week. Try to chew on the oppo...  Read Full »

What can cause head and ear pain on the same side for a month?

Query: Hi doctor, I have earache and headache on the same side. I have pain while washing my face near my ears for a month.   Read Full »

Dr. Mahendra Thakre

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You are having headaches and earaches on the same side. You have more pain while washing your face. Please mention the nature of your pain whether it seems like an electric shock or it comes and goes or dull in nature. This type of pain can oc...  Read Full »

Why does my left ear hurts and sometimes itches?

Query: Hi doctor, My left ear hurts a lot. When I press my back of the ear, it really hurts. Sometimes, I have itchiness with throbbing pain. It seems to be clogged inside. Before a month, I had a similar issue in my other ear too. I took medications for it.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have three possibilities. You can have an impacted wax on the left ear. It can cause pain with a blocked feeling. For this, you can use wax solvents to liquify the wax and it resolves the issue. Infection involving the outer ear can cause itching and pain. E...  Read Full »

Why do I have ear pain for months with drainage down the throat and fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a deep ear pain on and off for months with a feeling of drainage going down my throat. Before few years, I had a eustachian tube dysfunction with pain, pressure, and hearing loss. I have them on and off for the past few years. Right now, I have a low-grade fever for the past six...  Read Full »

Dr. Bruce Hudkins

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a low-grade otitis externa. You can take Clotrimazole 1% drops. Use it twice a day for seven days. If you are unable to pop your ears, then you do not have a eustachian tube dysfunction. But if you are able to pop your ears, then you can start using...  Read Full »

What can cause a continuous ringing and sometimes pain in the ear?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a student, and I am 23 years old. Five days ago, I had a severe vertigo feeling (severe headache, moderate fever, nausea, vomiting, loss of balance). This symptom started every evening, and after sleeping, I was totally fresh in the morning. Here, due to the corona pandemic, I could n...  Read Full »

Dr. Pruthvi Raju Uppalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Is your ear discharging frequently? As per your complaints, it is suggestive of chronic supportive otitis media(CSOM). Are you sure your membrane is intact and normal? Have you seen an endoscopic picture? I understand you cannot go to a hos...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicine to relieve throat pain that is radiating to the ears.

Query: Hi doctor, It has been three weeks that I am experiencing front neck pain. First two weeks, it is just the right side that is painful, and the pain is just manageable. On the third week (this week), the pain worsens, that I have to take a pain reliever. The entire front of my neck is painful, and I...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need an antibiotic. Please take Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid (Augmentin) 625 mg thrice daily with meals for five days. Take Chymoral Forte (Trypsin Chymotrypsin) tablet before meals thrice daily for three days. Take Montelukast (Singulair) 10 mg, Levocetirizin...  Read Full »

Can Eustachian tube catarrh result in earaches and hearing loss?

Query: Hi doctor,I have eustachian tube catarrh. Previously, I had only the symptoms of tinnitus. Now after pinching my nose aggressively, I have earache on one of my ears with hearing loss. What is the cause?  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to explain your condition briefly. The eustachian tube is the connecting tube between the nasopharynx and middle ear. Dysfunction in the eustachian tube causes hearing loss, fullness of ears, and tinnitus. When you blow your nose forcefully, air enters ...  Read Full »

Is a burst of pain in one ear while hiccups or yawn serious?

Query: Hi doctor, Currently, I have a pretty burst of pain in my left ears while having a hiccup and a big yawn. There is a very slight pain in my left ear but I notice it when I really think about it. Before a month, I ruptured my left eardrum. I was tubing in a lake and the tube got flipped out. I hit...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.As per the history, you can have a referred pain from the gums or pain can be due to increased pressure in the eustachian tube. Ear pain is really excruciating. For now, there is nothing to be worried. You can take tablet Paracetamol 500 mg and Ibuprofen 400 mg one tablet w...  Read Full »

What could be the problem, and how might I resolve ear pain?

Query: Hi, I have ETD in my left ear. I used Debrox and the water syringe to clean the wax because my ears felt clogged. Within a few hours, I developed excruciating ear pain in my left ear. I immediately went to the urgent care to see if I had an infection, and they said I do not have any infection. They...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, you might be having otitis externa as you give the history of ear manipulation, or it can also be an early stage of acute otitis media. To confirm otitis externa, you can press your tragus. If it is painful, then the most likely diagnosis is ...  Read Full »