Ear Pain

Please suggest treatment for ear pain due to prolonged earphone use.

Query: Hi doctor, I usually use earphones on daily basis for long hours. Now my ear is paining. Sometimes I have pain in the left ear and sometimes it is in the right. I also have headaches. I am using cotton to close my ears to prevent hearing loud noises. I have this pain for two days now and it is not ...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.You are experiencing ear pain due to loud noise exposure for long hours. I advise you to reduce the duration and loudness of the sound exposure. You can use external headphones instead of earphones. If the pain is unbearable, you can take a pain killer like tablet Paracetam...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my hyperacusis, pain and pressure in my ears?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a full audiogram four months ago, and it was normal. An MRI of the head with and without contrast and a CT scan of the neck (which included the brain's portion above the orbits with and without contrast) are also normal. These tests were done due to hyperacusis in the left ear, ...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had a detailed look at the CT and MRI reports, and they both are unremarkable (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The smallest lesion involving the facial nerve anywhere from the brain stem (where it originates) along its entire course can be ident...  Read Full »

Why is my left ear hurting these past few days?

Query: Hi doctor,My left ear is hurting a lot for the past few days and it is extremely painful. I do not have a cough or cold. But I have allergic rhinitis and I do not have any allergic attack recently. The ear is full and I can hear a ringing sound. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A ringing sound or a wind-like sound in the ear that lasts for more than five minutes is called tinnitus. If it is less than five minutes, it is not significant. This particular sound you are describing is usually caused due to the dysfunction of the eustachian tube. It...  Read Full »

How is an ear infection treated?

Query: Hi doctor,I have an ear infection in the left ear after two days when I started taking medications for it. My right ear started to have the same pain as my left ears. I am taking Ibuprofen 800 mg along with Ciprofloxacin and Dexamethasone otic suspension for five days now. On a scale of one to ten, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have otitis externa. It is an infection affecting the outer ear. It is the part of the ear that you clean with buds. The cause is trauma and breach of the outermost layer of the skin causes the bacteria to enter the ear resulting in infection. It is pa...  Read Full »

What causes ear pain that increases while eating?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 32 years old and I have ear pain for the past two days. I have pain around the ear and it increases while eating. Please help.   Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain in the ears can occur due to an infection affecting the external part of the ear called otitis externa and it causes pain while moving the pinna. The pain can also occur due to infection affecting the parotid gland called parotitis and the pain increases while eati...  Read Full »

How to treat ear pain presenting with beep sounds?

Query: I am listening to a beep sound in my ears, and ear is paining more due to continuous calling with clients and the use of earphones. Please suggest the tablets or ear drops that can stop the pain and beep sound. My age is 26 years, weight is 70 kgs, height is 170 cms  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi Thanks for briefing regarding the problem in concern. There is no such tablet or drops which can remove the cause for the pain. You should stop using ear phones at the earliest or slowly reduce the number of hours you use them. Shifting over to headphones is a good temporary option.For now you c...  Read Full »

How to treat ear pain and itching?

Query: Hello doctor,I have an ear itching and some dull pain, especially at night and in the morning, for the past six months. I had an ear wax removed three weeks ago, but the problem is still the same.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have diabetes or any chronic medical condition? Most likely, your problem is due to eustachian tube dysfunction or middle ear pressure difference. We need to do some tests to ascertain the same and institute the right medicines.  Read Full »

Please suggest medications to control my blocked nose, ear pain and itchy eyes.

Query: Hi doctor, I have sinusitis problem for a very long time, and recently I had tooth decay as well. The doctor I consulted earlier suggested root canal treatment, but I am yet to go for that. My problem right now is I have a blocked nose, mild inner ear pain, sore throat, and sometimes cough. No ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from sinusitis, tooth decay, blocked nose, earache, sore throat, cough, and itchy eyes. You can take the medications as follows:- Tablet Azee 500 mg 0+0+1 for 7-10 days, tablet Al...  Read Full »

What is the cause of my ear pain and discharge?

Query: My ear is hurting and always wet when i clean it with cotton buds. I felt my ear is hurting specifically if i move my jaw also i feel it a bit swollen and has a water inside.   Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hello, ear infection can be of the outer ear (otitis externa) or the middle ear (otitis media). Otitis media involves having a ruptured ear drum. The best way to confirm if you have a ruptured eardrum or not is to put your drops in your ear and see if you can feel them in your throat. if you can ...  Read Full »

Does HIV cause low WBC?

Query: Hi doctor, I apologize at the beginning of the long description (just trying to be more descriptive to get the right answer). I am a 35-year-old male who had unprotected sex eight months back. I had no symptoms at all, but the next month I started to have some fears about HIV, so I had an Instant ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The answers to your queries are: A) It is not an unusual scenario to see a more extended time clearing candidal infection in normal healthy individuals. For your present infection, I suggest taking, 1)Tablet Flucon (Fluconazole)150 mg once a day for ten days regularly...  Read Full »