Q. Please suggest some medications for my ear pain and ear infection.

Dr. B. Vageesh Padiyar

I require medication for my ear pain and ear infections, and I want to treat them quickly. However, pharmacies need a doctor's prescription so that I can have appropriate medicine. Please help.

#

I understand your concern.

Unless and until there has been obvious continuous discharge from the ear, infection is unlikely. However, if you feel that it is inflamed and there is an infection, I suggest you start on the following medications:

1. Tablet Ciplox 500 mg (Ciprofloxacin 500 mg) one tablet in the morning and evening after food for one week.

2. Tablet Zerodol- SP (Aceclofenac 100 mg, Paracetamol 325 mg, and Serratiopeptidase 15 mg) one tablet in the morning and evening after food for one week.

3. Capsule Pan-D (Domperidone 30 mg and Pantoprazole 40 mg) one tablet in the morning and evening after food for one week.

4. Keep the ear dry, and refrain from using earbuds at any cost.

If there is absolutely no relief, I would suggest you get the ear cleaned as there could be a chance of fungal infection as well. In addition, fungal debris must be cleaned and treated with antifungals for the appropriate outcome.

I hope this answers your query. Do let me know regarding further queries.

|