Common "Ear Infection" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Ear Infection

The ear infection can affect the outer, middle, or inner ear leading to ear pain, discharge, blocked ears, tinnitus, the fullness of ears, improper hearing, etc. Recurring ear infections can lead to mild hearing loss. Antibiotic ear drops are used for their treatment. Sometimes eardrop with added local anesthesia solution might be required to relieve the pain.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have extreme left ear pain, and my ear is red and hot. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have extreme pain in my left ear, and it feels as if the ear is going to explode. Now I feel fullness in my right ear also. I can barely hear anything, and the pain is getting worse. I have the following symptoms, Extreme ear pain. Unable to sleep. Very difficult to move my face. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Saadia Atta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your condition sounds like an ear abscess or infection causing extreme pressure and pain. I would suggest seeing a doctor in the emergency room or urgent care as you would need antibiotics accordingly. Meanwhile, I would suggest tablet Ibuprofen 600 mg thrice a day. B...  Read Full »

I am a 37-year-old male experiencing hearing loss and the feeling of something stuck in the ear after swimming pool water entered my ears. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37-year-old male. Five days back I went to a swimming pool and water entered my ears. In my right ear, I feel there is water that is not coming out and it feels like something is stuck inside. I am able to hear very less from my right ear. In my left ear also, I have almost 30 %...  Read Full »

Dr. Ighodalo Nathan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. The sensation of fullness, reduced hearing, and the history of recent swimming indicate you could have an ear infection. I would like to know if you have a high body temperature or if any fluid is draining from your ear. I wo...  Read Full »

Why do I have ear infections after a month of inferior turbinate reduction and deviated septum surgery? Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I had inferior turbinate reduction surgery and a deviated septum fixed about three months ago. The doctor said the surgery went normal, and my breathing was excellent. About a month after the surgery, I started to get frequent ear infections in both ears. Can either of those surgeries cau...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. Turbinate reduction surgery with septal correction is predominantly done for relieving nasal obstruction. Whereas continued obstruction can increase the chances of ear infection, surgeries should generally reduce the chances. The eustachian t...  Read Full »

My aunt is taking Amoxicillin and Prednisolone for her ear infection, but the tinnitus is not going away. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My aunt is 30 years old. She has had an ear infection in her right ear for a week. So her doctor prescribed antibiotics Amoxicillin with Prednisolone. But her tinnitus is not going away. How long will it take for her tinnitus to go away if there is no pain in her ear?  Read Full »

Dr. Kanani Darshan Jayantilal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. Tinnitus, or ringing in the ears, can be a common symptom of an ear infection and can persist even after the infection is treated. The length of time it takes for tinnitus to go away can vary depending on a number of...  Read Full »

My brother is having severe pain inside the ear. What should we do?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother got his ear sipped by his girlfriend during pleasure time. Now he is feeling severe pain inside the ear. Please help. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Kanani Darshan Jayantilal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It sounds like your brother may have suffered an injury to his ear during the pleasure time with his girlfriend. Pain inside the ear can be a sign of several different conditions, including infection, injury, or damage to the eardrum. I would recommend that your brother g...  Read Full »

I have pressure in my ears due to fluid behind my ear drum and an ear infection. Please review my reports.

Query: Hello doctor, I went to my PCP after COVID-19 because I had felt pressure in my ears. He noticed fluid behind my ear drum and an ear infection. How can I drain fluid behind my eardrum? I have a popping and cackling sound and my ears are ringing. I have been on Penicillin and have been using a nasal...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query and understand your concern. There are two methods to end the secretions behind your ear drum, a medical way, and a surgical way. The medical way consists of using mucolytic and anti-edematous medications like chymotrypsin for 2 weeks, and nasal ...  Read Full »

I am 20 years old, and my ear constantly pops when I talk or swallow for the past few years. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old; when I talk, my left ear pops, and I can hear my breath and heart beat louder than usual, and my right ear pops when I swallow. I close my ears back to where they feel comfortable and sniff through my nose. But as soon as I talk, they pop back open. So while I talk, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Peerzada Tehmid Ul Haque

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for your query. The symptoms of intolerance to loud sounds with impaired hearing are seen in Meniere's disease, anxiety, migraine, and noise-induced trauma. You should get a hearing test (PTA) which can give us an idea about the kind of hearing loss you have ...  Read Full »

I have had sharp ear pain and deteriorating hearing for the past few months, worsening daily. Is it an ear infection or hearing loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been getting sharp ear pains for the past couple of months. When I was in school or around a lot of talking, I could not keep up with conversations with a lot of background noise. Everything has sounded like a broken speaker for the past few months. Every little sound causes ext...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar Srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. Your hearing problem is associated with tinnitus. The pinching pain in the ear, along with discomfort with loud sounds, indicates a couple of things; therefore, the following investigations are a must for you: 1. Pure tone audiometry. 2. Impe...  Read Full »

I have had a longstanding ear infection that itches and causes a yellowish discharge. Should I be worried about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had an ear problem since when I was a kid. My mother and I went to the doctor to get consulted. They just prescribed medicine to heal my infection. But it never did heal. I was too shy to tell my parents before, and they never asked me if I was fine. I did not know why I never m...  Read Full »

Dr. Bindia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Tympanoplasty (a microsurgery done to fix holes in the eardrum that do not heal on their own) is required if there is perforation. Thank you.   Read Full »

I have pain in my right ear because I scratched my ear canal. How can I manage it?

Query: Hi doctor, My right ear pains when I touch inside. There is no discharge, and I think I scratched my ear canal two days ago with my little finger. What should I do now?  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay. S. Bhat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Tenderness while pressing in the outer part of the ear canal with a history of injury to the ear is suggestive of a condition known as ear furuncle. It is nothing but a boil in the ear canal. Treatment would include an antibiotic and a painkiller. The addition of an ear...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.