Ear Infection

How to remove earwax with earbuds?

Query: Hello doctor, I frequently use earbuds due to itching in my ears since many years. People say it is not good to use earbuds. Please suggest me what should I do when I suffer from itching inside the ear. How do I remove ear wax? I also have a problem in my throat like throat dryness and irritation i...  Read Full »

Dr. Jagdish Chaturvedi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The itching in your ear is very suggestive of a fungal infection in the ear canal. This is very common and the main symptom is itching. Impacted ear wax can also create itching along with a fungal infection. Since you use earbuds, you may have impacted wax too. So, I ...  Read Full »

My 2-year-old has moderate receptive delay and mild expressive delay. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old was diagnosed with a moderate receptive delay and a mild expressive delay. When he was around sixteen months, he could say thank you, stop, mama, daddy, and even his sister's name. At about nineteen months he was diagnosed with an ear infection. The infection was treated...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is possible that ear infection or glue ear hampered your child's hearing which in turn could have impaired his normal speech and language development. With support, he will be able to catch up if everything else is normal. It is advisable to continue with speech a...  Read Full »

I have earache and hearing loss in the right ear. Do I have an ear infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have earache and hearing loss in the right ear, jaw crackling sounds while speaking and swollen preauricular lymph nodes, what should I do? Do I have an ear infection?  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the details you have provided, there seems to be an infection. The location of it is most probably the ear (especially the outer part called auricle and external auditory canal). To be sure you must consult an ENT specialist who will examine the ear, nose and ...  Read Full »

My son has been prescribed Otomize spray for ear infection. Is it safe?

Query: Hello doctor,My son has an ear infection, with some discharge. Our local GP tested the discharge and found evidence of several bugs, prescribing Otomize ear spray (Neomycin, Dexamethasone, Acetic Acid). He wears hearing aids, and at his last audiology appointment (three months ago) there was evidenc...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is a perforation or even the slightest doubt of it, Neomycin in the optimize spray can enter the middle ear and pass through round window membrane and cause permanent damage to the inner ear and thereby sensorineural hearing loss. Hence that spray is best av...  Read Full »

Why do I feel presence of water in my ear after getting exposed to cold?

Query: Hi doctor, A month ago I was at an outside chlorinated hot springs but it was really cold and windy. I remember saying my ear is so cold like freezing so we went inside. Ever since that day it feels like water is in my ear. Sometimes worse than ever. Then I got a head cold and both my ears fel...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have pain or decreased hearing? Did he rule out wax and outer ear infection? Could he see the ear drum?  Read Full »

How to Unclog your ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I woke up five days ago with clogging in my ears. Stupidly, I went with one of the first solutions I found online and poured hydrogen peroxide in my ear. It is now stuck in my ear canal and I cannot get it out. I have tried Swim-ear drops, ear candle, wax removal kit and shaking my hea...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How sure are you it is wax that caused the blocked ears? If you are absolutely sure, you can put the wax dissolving drops and, it will act on the wax, temporarily swell it and then dissolve it. Or, it will make the wax soft enough for easy removal by a doctor using...  Read Full »

What is the reason for ringing in ear post ear infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an ear infection but my ear infection has gone now but very low pitched ringing in my right ear is not stopping.  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptom you are experiencing is called tinnitus. Tinnitus is not always due to a sinister cause. Simple conditions of the ear like wax or ear infections both of external ear canal and middle ear can cause it. First and foremost you must know that tinnitus may be ...  Read Full »

Why is there dizziness after ear infection treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an ear infection in my left ear about a month ago, and my doctor prescribed Amoxicillin twice a day for a week. I went back shortly after and the ear infection moved to my right ear and my left ear was not any better so she prescribed Z-pack for five days. I finished my Z-pack l...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Does the giddiness last for long? Is it only momentary? Is it spinning or weakness? Is there any hearing deficit?  Read Full »

Sinus Infection Turned Into Two Ear Infections. Should I Be Worried?

Query: Hi doctor,About a week ago, I got a sinus infection which turned into two ear infections. I have now been on Z-pak as well as Flonase and steroids for four days. My left ear feels substantially better. My right ear, however, is still a little plugged, and now I am experiencing pressure in my temple ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How do you feel now? Are you better? Did the pressure in the temple and area around the right jaw resolve? The reason for those two is the block of the eustachian tube on that particular side. This is the tube that equates pressure on either side of the eardrum by c...  Read Full »

What is causing recurrent pain behind my ear lobes?

Query: Hello doctor, For almost a week now I have had recurring random pain just behind both of my ear lobes. It has been almost three weeks since I stopped Lyrica, Pregabalin completely for back pain. For the last week I have been experiencing something different which can be best described as random pre...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain may be due to mastoiditis seen in chronic allergy or middle ear infection or eustachian tube block patients. Get it done CT brain or X-ray of the mastoid. Avoid cool drinks and freeze water. Use water vapor inhalation and salt water gargling thrice a day for fiv...  Read Full »