Ear Infection

My balance gets impaired when I shake my head. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51 year old male. I have never had any medical condition prior. I spent a very cold day outside and woke up the next day with a feel of dizzy (like I am drunk), queasy and tired. There is no pain, cough or discharge. When I move my head from side to side my balance gets impaired...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem seems to be due to inner ear infection leading to impairment of balance on head movements and ringing sensation in ear known as tinnitus. You need ear examination and complete vestibular functions assessment and evaluation by an ENT (ear, nose and throat...  Read Full »

What are the recommended tests for bronchitis, ear infection and labored breathe in 17-month-old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, In a 17-month-old female child. We keep treating the symptoms but not the overall problem of why these things keep happening. Hardly any tests have been ordered, and we are constantly just treating the symptoms. The problems are: Bronchitis, and right ear infection for which antibio...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the detailed history. The history which you have described basically shows that the child is suffering from repeated lower respiratory tract infection, which usually presents as cough, fever, breathlessness for which nebulization and antibiotics were given. ...  Read Full »

What to do for inner ear infection, sinusitis and vertigo?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have an inner ear infection. I went to the doctor last year and he asked me about my symptoms. I told him and he said I had a viral thing in which he gave me antibiotics to take which I did not take. When I got my summary it is said that I had sinusitis. Now until this day m...  Read Full »

Dr. Prasun Mishra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As I understand you have three issues. Sinusitis, for this, take steam inhalation daily for one month. Also, do send me pictures of CT (computed tomography) scan for sinuses. So that I can further suggest what is the treatment or surgery. Fluid in the ear, if it i...  Read Full »

How to remove earwax with earbuds?

Query: Hello doctor, I frequently use earbuds due to itching in my ears since many years. People say it is not good to use earbuds. Please suggest me what should I do when I suffer from itching inside the ear. How do I remove ear wax? I also have a problem in my throat like throat dryness and irritation i...  Read Full »

Dr. Jagdish Chaturvedi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The itching in your ear is very suggestive of a fungal infection in the ear canal. This is very common and the main symptom is itching. Impacted ear wax can also create itching along with a fungal infection. Since you use earbuds, you may have impacted wax too. So, I ...  Read Full »

My 2-year-old has moderate receptive delay and mild expressive delay. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old was diagnosed with a moderate receptive delay and a mild expressive delay. When he was around sixteen months, he could say thank you, stop, mama, daddy, and even his sister's name. At about nineteen months he was diagnosed with an ear infection. The infection was treated...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is possible that ear infection or glue ear hampered your child's hearing which in turn could have impaired his normal speech and language development. With support, he will be able to catch up if everything else is normal. It is advisable to continue with speech a...  Read Full »

I have earache and hearing loss in the right ear. Do I have an ear infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have earache and hearing loss in the right ear, jaw crackling sounds while speaking and swollen preauricular lymph nodes, what should I do? Do I have an ear infection?  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the details you have provided, there seems to be an infection. The location of it is most probably the ear (especially the outer part called auricle and external auditory canal). To be sure you must consult an ENT specialist who will examine the ear, nose and ...  Read Full »

My son has been prescribed Otomize spray for ear infection. Is it safe?

Query: Hello doctor,My son has an ear infection, with some discharge. Our local GP tested the discharge and found evidence of several bugs, prescribing Otomize ear spray (Neomycin, Dexamethasone, Acetic Acid). He wears hearing aids, and at his last audiology appointment (three months ago) there was evidenc...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is a perforation or even the slightest doubt of it, Neomycin in the optimize spray can enter the middle ear and pass through round window membrane and cause permanent damage to the inner ear and thereby sensorineural hearing loss. Hence that spray is best av...  Read Full »

Why do I feel presence of water in my ear after getting exposed to cold?

Query: Hi doctor, A month ago I was at an outside chlorinated hot springs but it was really cold and windy. I remember saying my ear is so cold like freezing so we went inside. Ever since that day it feels like water is in my ear. Sometimes worse than ever. Then I got a head cold and both my ears fel...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have pain or decreased hearing? Did he rule out wax and outer ear infection? Could he see the ear drum?  Read Full »

How to Unclog your ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I woke up five days ago with clogging in my ears. Stupidly, I went with one of the first solutions I found online and poured hydrogen peroxide in my ear. It is now stuck in my ear canal and I cannot get it out. I have tried Swim-ear drops, ear candle, wax removal kit and shaking my hea...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How sure are you it is wax that caused the blocked ears? If you are absolutely sure, you can put the wax dissolving drops and, it will act on the wax, temporarily swell it and then dissolve it. Or, it will make the wax soft enough for easy removal by a doctor using...  Read Full »

What is the reason for ringing in ear post ear infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an ear infection but my ear infection has gone now but very low pitched ringing in my right ear is not stopping.  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptom you are experiencing is called tinnitus. Tinnitus is not always due to a sinister cause. Simple conditions of the ear like wax or ear infections both of external ear canal and middle ear can cause it. First and foremost you must know that tinnitus may be ...  Read Full »