Ear Infection

There is yellowish liquid in ear with pain. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, My son's right ear is aching. When I checked a while ago, it has some yellowish liquid. He has a light fever. I gave him Paracetamol first. Is there any ear drops I can buy over the counter? He is four years old and is 24 kg.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. He has probably developed an acute ear infection and that is the reason why he has developed a ear discharge. Usually ear infection is secondary to a stuffy nose or due adenoid hypertrophy causing eustachian tube dysfunction. I Would like to ask a few other questions to...  Read Full »

Though I did not have ear pain, my tinnitus continues. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an ear infection on my right ear for the past one week. So my doctor prescribes me some antibiotics Amoxicillin with Prednisolone. But my tinnitus did not go away. How long will it take for the tinnitus to go away if there is no pain in my ear?  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The answer to your question entirely depends on how you developed the ear infection in the first place. In general, until the eardrum heals you will be having weird noises, tinnitus, and ear discomfort due to interference with sound transmission and processing. If the...  Read Full »

Why do I get bleeding from my left ear without pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have blood flowing from my left ear without pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most common reason for bleeding from the ear is due to trauma. There is nothing that you need to worry about as this is extremely common. Make sure you do not use earbuds as they often traumatize the ear canal or eardrum and introduce infections. Please do not use headp...  Read Full »

Why is some gum-like fluid coming out of my ear?

Query: Hi doctor, Some gum-like fluid is coming out of my ear. I have this problem for almost two years now. Please help.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have been having ear discharge for two years, then most probably the ear perforation is a permanent one and you would require a surgery to close it and give you a dry ear. Also, chances are there that you do not have a perforation and just infection of the ear c...  Read Full »

How is an infection in the inner ear wall treated?

Query: Hi , MY query is i suffer from chronic ear infection. This time when ear infection started i started taking ear drops preemptively which worked for me. But the problem is infection is in the inner walls which keeps coming back after out walls are healed and i stop taking drops for 2 weeks. Now i ...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, There is a possibility that there is a chronic infection in the middle ear which is located beyond your ear drum. In such a situation plain ear drops will not treat the infection completely. You will require oral antibiotics to completely treat the infection failing which the ear discharge wil...  Read Full »

Why do I get infections in skin, ear, and eye one after the other?

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple conditions going on right now and fear that it could be a parasitic condition and need some expert advice. Started off with a terrible skin rash that has large and small lesions but no itch. Next a pretty substantial ear infection with swelling and discharge. Now the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement you have been suffering from skin rash without itching, ear infection with swelling and discharge, eye infection with coming out of something whitish-yellow under eyelid, and mucus with the same particles. All t...  Read Full »

What is the cause of fluid drainage in both ears?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem of fluid coming from both ears. What is the cause? There is no blood and foul smell and it is pale and clear. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since how many days are you having this problem? Any hearing loss or cold or nose block?  Read Full »

Will cleaning the ears with q-tips cause ear pain with pus?

Query: Hello doctor, Last February, I have had an ear infection from cleaning my left ear too often with a q tip. I went to the hospital and was prescribed Aplosyn otic drops, Celebrex, and an antibiotic which starts with a letter L (I forgot it as I lost the prescription. I am sorry). I took it for a we...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I know how frustrating this problem can get. You can follow the advice mentioned below. 1. Please stop using earbuds q-tips as they introduce infections into a sensitive region such as the ear. 2. If there is pus coming out of your ear, there is a possibility of you devel...  Read Full »

What could cause itching and irritation in ears of 10-month-old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My 10-month-old baby is facing irritation in her ear with persistent itching.  Read Full »

Dr. Samir Bhatia

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know is there fever or any other complaints?  Read Full »

Can sloughing in ear be painful?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having issues with hearing, pain, pressure, and sensitivity to noise. Can slough in ear be painful? I am currently using Topamax, Allegra D, Baby Aspirin, Tylenol, Aleve, and Ibuprofen.  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry, I need more details but I will comment on the pictures as clear as possible. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The first picture shows a lot of shaded superficial layers of the skin. This can be painful. This may be a dermatological disease lik...  Read Full »