Ear Infection

Is my ear infection due to over masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I have tinnitus for the last two weeks. I am taking tablets, but there is no improvement. I do not know the cause. The doctor, whom I visited, said that my nose hole is rooted in such a way that my ear gets infection like that. Also, my ear has pus inside. I think...  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Here, I would like to say that masturbation is not related to your ear problem. Probably, you are having otorrhea (ear discharge) with hearing loss and tinnitus. You are advised to take ear drop containing antibiotic, antifungal and steroids alo...  Read Full »

What is the cause of my ear pain and discharge?

Query: My ear is hurting and always wet when i clean it with cotton buds. I felt my ear is hurting specifically if i move my jaw also i feel it a bit swollen and has a water inside.   Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hello, ear infection can be of the outer ear (otitis externa) or the middle ear (otitis media). Otitis media involves having a ruptured ear drum. The best way to confirm if you have a ruptured eardrum or not is to put your drops in your ear and see if you can feel them in your throat. if you can ...  Read Full »

How is an ear infection treated?

Query: Hello Good morning. I have an ear infection in my left ear after 2 days when I started taking medications for it. My right ears started to have the same pain as my left ears. Im currently taking Ibuprofen 800 MG along with ciproflox- Dexameth Otic susp about 5 days now. On a scale from 1-10 my left ...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hello, Based on what u have said it seems like u have otitis externa. Otitis externa is the infection of the outer ear ie the part of the ear that u clean with buds. The cause is trauma & breach of the outermost layer of skin of the ear causing bacteria to enter & cause an infection. It's p...  Read Full »

How to manage an ear infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old with a weight of 62 kg and a height of 5.4 feet. I had a history of thyroid goiter. I also have a middle ear infection. My ear is swollen, and have difficulty in chewing with mild fever. Whenever I use buds in the ear, this problem starts. I have dry, itchy, and flaky p...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you shown to any ENT specialist who had told you that you have a middle ear infection? If yes, you can share the details. I want to know your ear findings written in the prescription. Based on that, only I can come to any diagnosis. I am enabling free follow up. If...  Read Full »

Why do I have white, foul-smelling ear discharge since childhood?

Query: I have an ear discharge since childhood till now....white liquid coming out often...bad smell..... please I need help..I DNT hear clearly too.....just my left ear. It feels itchy sometimes.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Thanks for briefing regarding the problem in concern. An ear discharge, foul smelling in nature since childhood should be evaluated with a hrct of the temporal bone to rule out cholesteatoma. For now you can take the following treatment advice. You can consider the following treatment advice...  Read Full »

Earwax coming out of the ear with a terrible odor can be a sign of infection of the eustachian tube.

Query: Hi doctor, I want to ask whether too much earwax in the baby's ear is normal. My daughter has a lot of earwax coming out from her right ear, and it has a terrible odor. Currently, I am not giving any medications, just vitamins. She is 4 months and 3 weeks old, height 64.5 cm, and weight 6 kilograms...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is foul-smelling fluid coming out of the ear, it cannot be wax but indicates an infection. The possible reason for this is due to improper posturing of the child while breastfeeding. The child's body should be in an oblique fashion while feeding to prevent the ...  Read Full »

How long does an infected cartilage piercing take to heal?

Query: I had a question about my ear infection. A few weeks ago I got a cartilage piercing. I used saline solution to clean the piercing because the piercer said not to use any alcohol or peroxide. After going to the doctor the first time, she told me to use peroxide to clean it but rinse it off after. (Is...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi welcome to icliniq Ma’am it’s due to infection only. As i can see in picture it all developed after piercing only. In most of the cases it’s seen then people develop such infections after piercing. Because when we have opening or wound then it’s easier for injection to ge...  Read Full »

Can ear irrigation to remove wax buildup result in severe ear pain?

Query: I went to my GP yesterday to get my ears irrigated as I had some wax build up that was impairing my hearing slightly. The right ear cleared fairly easily, but the left ear she had more trouble with. While she was irrigating the left ear I felt extreme pain and I had to ask her to stop. My ear felt l...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! The reason why you would developed pain is due to pressure of the syringing fluid which would have temporarily tramatised your ear drum causing it to get inflammed and cause the intense pain that it is associated with. Please understand that this can take a while as the ear drum takes its own ...  Read Full »

I get yellow discharge from one of my ears with a weird sound. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, There is a fluid coming out on my left ear two days ago. I can clearly hear then and now the fluid is already yellowish but no odor. My ear feels very stuffy and I hear a weird sound. It becomes very itchy and sometimes it hurts. It was my habit to use cotton buds almost every day.  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like you have developed an infection as the fluid is yellowish now. I assume the layer in your ear which is called the tympanic membrane that seperates the outer ear from the middle ear might have ruptured. Usage of earbuds mostly is the reason. It requires urg...  Read Full »

I have palpable enlarged lymph nodes in the neck. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old, male with a slightly palpable enlarged lymph nodes near the right side of the neck (region near posterior cervical node). I am not sure if it is soft or rubbery, but it is not hard or solid. It is movable and non tender. I recently plugged my ear too hard and it is c...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it visible outside? If possible take pictures and send. Is there enlarged tonsils? Is your throat alright?  Read Full »