Q. I am hearing a separation noise under earlobe while filling mouth with air. Can this be due to wax?

I have this strange feeling behind my jaw on the left side just under my earlobe. When I fill my mouth with air to increase the pressure, the area that is irritated fills with air and makes a strange separation noise. It sounds like pulling apart wax and hair and I can feel the air in the area. Then it just makes a squishy noise. I have no idea why this happened but it started approximately 1 to 2 days ago. What could this be?