Q. I am hearing a separation noise under earlobe while filling mouth with air. Can this be due to wax?

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

I have this strange feeling behind my jaw on the left side just under my earlobe. When I fill my mouth with air to increase the pressure, the area that is irritated fills with air and makes a strange separation noise. It sounds like pulling apart wax and hair and I can feel the air in the area. Then it just makes a squishy noise. I have no idea why this happened but it started approximately 1 to 2 days ago. What could this be?

#

The problem you are stating can be wax filled in the ear which is in a liquid state due to the entry of water and can cause this squishy noise in the ear. I suggest you prevent entry of water while taking bath for a few days by applying cotton to your ear during the bath time. If this wax sustains in the ear use wax melting ear drops and can get it cleaned or can consult your nearby ENT surgeon and get it confirmed and cleaned.

|