Q. I am hearing a separation noise under earlobe while filling mouth with air. Can this be due to wax?

Answered by Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Ear Wax or Ear Wax Drops? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have this strange feeling behind my jaw on the left side just under my earlobe. When I fill my mouth with air to increase the pressure, the area that is irritated fills with air and makes a strange separation noise. It sounds like pulling apart wax and hair and I can feel the air in the area. Then it just makes a squishy noise. I have no idea why this happened but it started approximately 1 to 2 days ago. What could this be?