Q. I have ear pain after removing ear wax. Is it serious?

Answered by Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Otitis Externa or Ear Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I have ear pain after removing ear wax.  Is it serious?

I have been suffering from ear pain for the last two days and it has become really serious now. The entire right side of my face has gone numb and I am not able to hear properly in my right ear.

I can listen to some hissing sound. I remember cleaning my ear with my fingers and tried to remove the frozen ear wax. Since then, my ear has been in a very bad condition.

I am a 12th grade student and my exams are very nearby. This has got me really worried. Is it very serious? Please help me. Thank you.