Ear Wax

How to get rid of painful pimple in inner ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I have this pimple in my inner ear and it has been eight days but until now it is still hurt. I am currently taking Mefenamic acid.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. There could be an infection of the hair follicle in the ear as a result of which it can create excruciating pain. Besides the wax would have further got pushed toward the ear drum causing severe pain. Plain use of antiinflammatories like Mefenamic acid alone will ...  Read Full »

Do tinnitus after ear irrigation indicates ear damage?

Query: Hello doctor, Since about a week and a half ago, I have had tinnitus in my right ear. This was after self irrigating the ear with one of those squeezy syringes that come with the Otex ear drops. Before doing this, I was putting in oil drops for about a week prior. Quite a bit of wax came out, but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Satyabrata Panigrahi

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is always dangerous to predict and take action in case of their own health. The tinnitus in your case is not due to earwax, it may be due to the blockage of the eustachian tube (tube connecting middle ear and back of the nasal cavity, its primary work is to equalize ...  Read Full »

What could cause symptoms like tinnitus, small bursts of light and burning at the back of throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old healthy woman. I am diagnosed with anxiety disorder 10 years ago. For the past year, I have been experiencing crippling health anxiety. I have experienced a number of frightening symptoms, including brain zaps, weakness in legs, body twitching, dizziness, etc. Last ...  Read Full »

Dr. Upendra K Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. So the problem here is right ear tinnitus. Regarding this I need to know is there hearing difficulty in the right ear? What type of tinnitus, swishing, or continuous? How long it lasts? Is there any vertigo associated with tinnitus? Is there any discharge or fullness of...  Read Full »

What could cause itching and irritation in ears of 10-month-old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My 10-month-old baby is facing irritation in her ear with persistent itching.  Read Full »

Dr. Samir Bhatia

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know is there fever or any other complaints?  Read Full »

What could be the reason for blocked ears with pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My ear has been blocked for the past three days. There are mild pain and discomfort. This could have been caused because of the earbud. I used Ciplox ear drops and have tried Crocin pain relief, but it does not help. Ear feels extremely uncomfortable, and hearing is muffled. Please su...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does not necessarily have to be due to earbuds causing otitis externa though that could be one possibility. There are others also. Can you tell me if you had a cold recently? Does it feel like there is a fluid inside the ear? Do you feel like you need to pop your ...  Read Full »

What can cause severe ear pain with hearing loss and blocked ears?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past three days, I am having unbearable pain in my right ear. I doubt somehow in the meantime of bath some water must have gone through it. And by my right ear, I could not able to hear anything. My right ear hearing capacity is 10-15% and it is closed. I have faced this issue...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are three possibilities for your problem. First is, impacted wax can be there which can create lots of pain, ear fullness, and decreased hearing. You can use Soliwax drops three drops thrice daily for five days. Second possibility is a fungal infection which usu...  Read Full »

Why does my left ear hurts and sometimes itches?

Query: My left ear hurts. If i press the back of my ear, it would really hurt. Sometimes it feels itchy and throbbing. Also, it feels like it's clogged inside. Last month my other felt like this too, I had to take medication for it.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! There are only 3 possibilities with the complaints you have mentioned. 1. Impacted wax in the left ear which is causing pain and a blocked feeling For this, you can use wax solvents which liquify the wax and resolve the issue 2. Infection involving your outer ear, which can be the cause of i...  Read Full »

Why can I not hear after using Q-tip?

Query: Hi doctor, I cleaned my ear with a Q-tip and now I cannot hear. Please help.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com Most probably in your case the wax would have got pushed further inside due to the Q-tip (earbud). It might be occluding the canal and the ear drum totally, so you cannot hear now. I suggest you to take Dewax or wax-dissolving ear drops, three to four drops daily for th...  Read Full »

What can cause clogged ears apart from earwax?

Query: Hello doctor, I had cold a few days ago. During that time, my ear was clogged. I originally thought that it was earwax, but I tried everything for earwax and it did not help. It has been a few days now and I am trying to find out what might be wrong. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. During an upper respiratory tract infection, like cold, the infection can rise up to ears through the eustachian tube that connects back of nose to middle ear. That is what has happened to you during the cold. It is called eustachian tube catarrh. You need a course of ...  Read Full »

How to remove earwax with earbuds?

Query: Hello doctor, I frequently use earbuds due to itching in my ears since many years. People say it is not good to use earbuds. Please suggest me what should I do when I suffer from itching inside the ear. How do I remove ear wax? I also have a problem in my throat like throat dryness and irritation i...  Read Full »

Dr. Jagdish Chaturvedi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The itching in your ear is very suggestive of a fungal infection in the ear canal. This is very common and the main symptom is itching. Impacted ear wax can also create itching along with a fungal infection. Since you use earbuds, you may have impacted wax too. So, I ...  Read Full »