Ear Wax

Why does my left ear hurts and sometimes itches?

Query: Hi doctor, My left ear hurts a lot. When I press my back of the ear, it really hurts. Sometimes, I have itchiness with throbbing pain. It seems to be clogged inside. Before a month, I had a similar issue in my other ear too. I took medications for it.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have three possibilities. You can have an impacted wax on the left ear. It can cause pain with a blocked feeling. For this, you can use wax solvents to liquify the wax and it resolves the issue. Infection involving the outer ear can cause itching and pain. E...  Read Full »

Can ear drops be the cause for my hearing damage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am very concerned that I have hearing damage as a result of using "Otomize" ear spray (contains Neomycin). I had itchy ears (but no pain nor discharge), and my doctor prescribed me Otomize spray (3 times per day for seven days). I stopped using after day four because my ears felt nu...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your doctor is right, you have to have a drum perforation to let the antibiotic spray get into your middle ear through the drum perforation.So you need to perform a tympanometry with external canal volume to be sure that there is no perforation. Now tell me about the he...  Read Full »

How to unclog your ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I woke up five days ago with clogging in my ears. Stupidly, I went with one of the first solutions I found online and poured hydrogen peroxide in my ear. It is now stuck in my ear canal and I cannot get it out. I have tried Swim-ear drops, ear candle, wax removal kit and shaking my hea...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How sure are you it is wax that caused the blocked ears? If you are absolutely sure, you can put the wax dissolving drops and, it will act on the wax, temporarily swell it and then dissolve it. Or, it will make the wax soft enough for easy removal by a doctor using...  Read Full »

What is the reason for my unpleasant feeling with earplug while swimming?

Query: Hi doctor, Could I have a little bit of advice about my ears? I have been swimming casually for years, head-above-water (attempting to keep ears dry but some water inevitably splashes in with no issues). I recently managed to get some earplugs to work though so I could start to swim underwater, but...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attachments (attachments removed to protect patient identity). As far as your left ear is concerned, I do see a lot of chalky deposits over the eardrum what we call as myringosclerosis. This would have happened as part of healing post-surgery. As you ...  Read Full »

How to unclog my blocked ear?

Query: Hello doctor, My right ear is blocked for more than two weeks and it is not opening, whatever I may try. I am currently taking Itraconazole and Levocetirizine.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any other complaint like ear discharge or giddiness? Are you taking any local ear drops? Are the medicines you mentioned prescribed by some doctor or self medicines? Do you have any associated nose block or throat pain? Is it possible that water could have...  Read Full »

How to prevent excess ear wax formation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting a lot of wax formation on both ears. Even if I clean the ears on a daily basis, but still it comes up again. This problem has started around 10 years back. I am suffering from dandruff problem around the same time, along with excessive oil secretion in the head. Not su...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a lot of wax formation on both ears and dandruff problems with oily skin for the last ten years. If your glands produce more earwax than normal, it may become hard and block the...  Read Full »

What could cause weird sound in ear with reduced hearing?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel some sound is hearing from my right ear and unable to hear normally. I am facing this problem for the last few months. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I totally understand how frustrating a blocked ear can be. With the symptoms that you have, the most probable possibility would be having impacted wax. This can be extremely frustrating as it blocks the entire ear canal and can cause pain and decreased hearing. You can...  Read Full »

How can clogging of ear be prevented?

Query: Hello doctor, I used Debrox for a minor ear clog, but after 4 uses and some flushing, my ear feels more clogged. My assumption is the consistency and subsequent build-up. I have used a water and hydrogen peroxide solution in the past without any problem. With COVID-19, is there any way to remedy th...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most probable reason for this symptom could be due to impacted accumulation of wax in that particular ear canal. It is always adviced to refrain from using ear buds as it pushes the wax even further in the eae drum which can irritate the ear drum and interfere with ...  Read Full »

How to prevent an anxiety attack because of ringing sound in the ears?

Query: Good day My situation started yesterday after taking a shower yesterday. I climbed out of the shower and noticed I had this high pitched ringing sound in my ears. This sound is really causing me to panic ; last night I has 3 anxiety attacks because of it and I took 50mg Sressam tablet but it did ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello First of all, please know that ringing sensation is very common and prevalent. There are many suspected causes for ringing sensation in the ear. The most common ones being - wax impinging on the ear-drum, sudden, loud noise, moving into a quiet room from a noisy environment and so on. You sa...  Read Full »

How to stop ringing sound due to a tear in the ear from inserting an earbud?

Query: In my left ear a thin hole in the membrane because of the putting ear bud in the ear it has been teared now, i am getting a ringing sound in my ear. what shall i do stop the sound in my ear  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! There is a high probability that you would have accidentally injured the ear drum while cleaning. This is a very common thing to happen and you don't have worry too much. The defect in the ear drum interferes with optimum sound transmission to the middle and inner ear and thereby you will have ...  Read Full »