Q. Can I go for a haircut after having had removal of ear wax?

I believe I produce excessive ear wax in my ears due to the fact that I constantly have to go to an ENT to get them cleaned out. Today I had them cleaned out by my ENT but tomorrow I want to get a haircut. I have short hair so when I go to the barber the little hairs always fall and go in my ear and sometimes the barber will take their brush and put it in my ear to get some out. I would like to know as to how far they actually go in. I know wax is there for the purpose of stopping particles from getting into my ear. So, if I just had an ear wax removal should I wait a few days before getting my haircut or can I still go have it tomorrow?

#

In short, you can go for wax removal today. You may also go for a haircut tomorrow. But, before the haircut just insert a thick plug of cotton into each ear.

After the haircut and shampooing, you may remove the plug. That way you will prevent hair from going inside the ear canal as well as get the wax out

Earwax is remnant of dead skin, sebum secretions, and cerumen. All of it is physiologically normal.

The skin of outer ear canal and eardrum grows outwards and so all the wax produced comes out in due course of time normally.

In some people, the production is high and cerumen or oil secretions are more with tortuous canal and skin turnover slow.

In these people, the wax tends to accumulate and produce impaction and symptoms.

It is completely alright to go to an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) once a while and get the wax removed safely.

For more information consult an ENT Otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|