Q. Recently, I start bleeding on the 20th day of the cycle. What could be the possible reason?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Health query regarding my menstrual cycle.. have seen an abnormality recently where I started bleeding on 20th day of the cycle.. also my bleeding was much lighter than usual.. it lasted 3 days.. I am 32 years and married and want to try for a baby.. what could be possible reasons.. my cycle is usually 28 days and regular win

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Dear, Good morning. I fully understand your concern and will surely help you.

see you are 32 years old and if you are having unprotected sex after your last period and also if you had unprotected intercourse around 10-12 days back, then it is implantation bleeding which a women gets when the eggs get fertilised or in simple language when she gets pregnant

Recommendations for pregnancy tests:- See HCG level in blood and urine increases when you are pregnant. most likely you should miss your next period and once you do that do a urine pregnancy test after 3-4 days of your next period date so that the HCG levels come to appropriate level for detection

Certain tips for accurate result :-

• do it with first urine of the day
  • dont drink too much liquid
  • follow all the guidelines for conduct of test as mentioned on packaging of kit

Additional tips:-

• Reduce your weight
  • keep your thyroid and sugar under control
  • start taking folic acid and multivitamins

have you been pregnant before? history of any major illness in past?

Feel free to ask any questions and to share any additional information. God bless you always dear

|