Q. Had brownish discharge after protected sex. Is it implantation bleeding?

Published on Mar 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 27, 2019

I had protected sex. Two weeks later, I had light brownish to light red color discharge that lasted for a day and the next day there was light brownish discharge. Is this implantation bleeding? I am worried. If so, after how days of implantation bleeding can I do blood test or hCG to detect my pregnancy? Please guide.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• As you had protected sex and that too 15 days back, this brownish discharge could be due to irregular shedding possibly due to progesterone hormonal imbalance during the cycle.
  • If it is implantation bleeding then it would have occurred in the next seven days.
  • To be sure, you may undertake the serum beta-hCG test as on today (earliest taken seven days post last intercourse).
  • If the hCG level is less than 5 ng/dL then you are not pregnant conclusively and it is for sure not an implantation bleed. Then it could be a stress induced irregular shedding.

Revert back after the test to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Shall I consider it as my menses? It was very light and lasted for three days only. Thank you.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Yes, it is likely your menses if your previous menses were around 30 days back. Take care.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Why is my hair thinning and losing volume after delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, After delivery, my hair is thinning in the front part and lost my volume. Could you please suggest any tablets to regain density?  Read Full »

Why am I having brown discharge after sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female 44 years old. After sex, there is a brown discharge. It only happens at that time. There is no other discharge after that. Is it something to panic about? I am taking BP medication Nebicad H and Thyronorm for thyroid.  Read Full »