Eating Habits In Children

Why is my 10-month-old baby not eating food or drinking milk?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby boy’s birth weight was 3.02 kg. He is almost ten months old now, and last month when I checked his weight, it was 7 kg. He is getting tall every month but is very thin and almost looks the same as the day I brought him home. He never took a bottle, even though I tried sever...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. However, few possibilities can cause such symptoms, such as atresia or intestinal infections, so I suggest you check with a child specialist (pediatrician) once. They can evaluate the condition by doing ultrasonograp...  Read Full »

Why is my 7.5-month-old baby not eating or drinking properly?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 7.5-month-old baby girl who has trouble eating. She drinks formula but is a problematic feeder. She swallows two to ten sips, stops, and pushes the bottle out. She keeps doing that with every feed. I barely manage to get her drinking 700 ml per day. She does not eat solids. She ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com Please note the following: 1. The weight of the child is appropriate for the age, so no worries. 2. Food fussiness is very common in this age group. But as long as the weight is good, and you keep on trying, you need not worry. Here are some points that should help yo...  Read Full »

Why is my baby not eating anything even when given forcefully?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 2.5-year-old toddler who will only drinks milk. He refuses to eat anything. He will put the food in his mouth for the taste, then spit it out. He told me the other day that he is scared to eat. This has been going on for a year, and I took him to three doctors, but it is only...  Read Full »

Dr. Adithya Sunka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the kind of distress you are going through currently. Definitely all your concerns will be addressed.  Read Full »

How to train my child with good eating habit?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a nine-month-old baby and my child takes bottle feeding. I am trying to give him food. I am trying to help him to learn eating habits. He is staying in my care during the day and I am facing a difficult time to make him eat. He screams and spits the food out. Please suggest. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern and the difficulties you are facing. I am really happy to know that you want to help the child to learn eating habits. Start with a weaning food and make them pasty. Go slowly and make thicker and thicker and then give solid foods. Start wi...  Read Full »

My son refuses to eat anything and only enjoys junk food. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding my 6 year old son. He is reluctant to eat and normally we have to change his focus from meal to feed him (by showing him television or something else). He smells things as well and does not eat if he does not like the smell of it. He likes cold drinks, chips, candi...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the details you have provided, your kid seems to be a fussy eater. This is a common problem with kids of this age. Reasons for this problem are: Kids of this age are more interested in play rather than food. They are interested in junk food and hence dislike he...  Read Full »

Will changing the eating habits cure receding jaw?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a young teenager who has a receding jaw and I am wondering if changing my eating habits might relocate my lower jaw. I used to have poor eating habits. I ate too fast and I did not chew much. My older brother's jaw is fine. Will changing my eating habits cure my jaw?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. You need to check if you chew one side or use both sides equally. Second what you think is jaw receding, sometimes it is a malocclusion which is associated with jaw disorientation. If your lower jaw is lo...  Read Full »

What types of foods can be given to aid my little son eat properly?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old son weighs 14 kg and does not take his food properly. He has mild constipation. I would like to know what type of food does he need? Please suggest if he needs vitamin supplements.  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child is underweight by just 2 kg. You should try giving different food items and try new recipes. All kids are fussy eaters. We should put our maximum effort to make them eat. You can give multivitamin syrup like Visyneral Z Syrup (vitamin ...  Read Full »

How can I make my little child eat well?

Query: Hello doctor,My 2-year-old boy does not eat food and does not drink milk. I am very worried. Can you kindly suggest me right treatment to solve this problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kids disliking food or milk is a very strange state. This usually it happens due to faulty weaning practices. I suggest the following: Check his weight. Is he losing weight? Weight loss needs to be evaluated with blood tests like haemoglobin. Worm infes...  Read Full »

How can I wean my little one from breastfeeding?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 16 months old and weighs 9 kg. He is not eating anything and even not taking milk. He only wants mother's milk. Is it fine to give an appetizer? If so, how much quantity should I have to feed him?  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child who is not taking anything or eating anything is a matter of concern. He will require evaluation with blood tests like CBC (complete blood count) and urine routine microscopy. You can continue breastfeeding. You need to try adding one taste at a time ma...  Read Full »

What foods can my 6-month-old baby eat?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby has turned 6 months today. For the last 20 days, I have been giving her ragi and half a banana. Now that she is 6 months old, what cereals, vegetables, and fruits can I give her? Can I give her rice? Can I give her ghee and curd?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, congratulations on your baby turning 6 months. You can now start her on complementary feeding. You have already started ragi, and that is good. You can give her rice and other cereals and pulses. You can start her on simple rice and keep on adding one ingredie...  Read Full »