Q. Kindly see my ECG report and advice.

Dr. Isaac Gana
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Please review my ECG report. I am on Diltiazem.

Do you have a question on Ecg or Diltiazem?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Isaac Gana

TERNOPIL STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY UKRAINE, MD., CARDIOLOGY SPECIALITY
Cardiology

The report on your ECG (electrocardiography) states that (attachment removed to protect patient identity) there is a presence of nonspecific intraventricular conduction delay. Some of the causes of this disorder are amyloidosis, cardiomyopathy, and electrolyte imbalance, etc. Are you experiencing any symptoms? Why did you go for an ECG?

I had fast heart rate. Is that something serious?

Dr. Isaac Gana

Cardiology

Most likely not especially at your age. Why were you placed on Diltiazem? Did you notice the fast heartbeat before taking Diltiazem or after? Are you on any other medication and do you have a family history of heart disease?

I was placed on Diltiazem as I had anxiety issues and hypertension. I am not on any medications. I have no family history of heart disease.

Dr. Isaac Gana

Cardiology

I can say that most likely the cause of the intraventricular conduction delay is Diltiazem. I advise you to talk to your physician about the possibility of placing you on different antihypertensive medication. The conduction delay should disappear from the ECG after a while if not using the medicine.

Thanks for the advice.

Dr. Isaac Gana

Cardiology

You are welcome. In case you develop any symptoms or have any further questions, feel free to contact me.

Also Read Answers From: Ecg Diltiazem Abnormal Heart Rate

With anxiety alone, can my heart rate go too high I cannot calm it down?
Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from anxiety and my anxiety is always centered on my heart. With anxiety/panic alone, can my heart rate go too high that I cannot calm it down?  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anxiety can cause both normal increase in heart rate as well as abnormally fast rhythms (known as automatic tachycardia). While the normal increase (sinus tachycardia) can be dealt with by treating anxiety, the abnormal rhythms may require drugs/electrophysiological ...  Read Full »

My aortic valve is leaky, and I have pain in my chest and jaws. Should I be concerned?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41 year old, and since the past five years, I have had some heart issues. I was hospitalized for SVT, five years back. The medications had it under control for a while, but I got older, a little bit heavier, and had some life changes, so things changed. It was also recommended that...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I think you should upload your reports like the echocardiogram to know the severity of aortic regurgitation, and electrocardiography to know what kind of SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) it was. It will give a better idea if it is PSVT (paroxysmal supraventr...  Read Full »

Am I taking a risk of stroke by pushing myself beyond 130 bpm during exercise?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 76-year-old woman, weigh 121 lbs, BMI 20. The exam results from annual wellness check-up are as follows: Coronary calcium scan: LMA 0, LAD 185, LCX 1, RCA 90, Total: 276. Routine wellness EKG summary: aortic valve thickened and calcified. Normal mitral valve with mild mitral r...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, answering your queries, you should visit a cardiologist regularly and avoid strenuous activities in order to reduce the risk of acute coronary syndrome. Your echo has some abnormalities which are age-related and there is no evidence of CAD. However, calcium ...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now