Q. ECG shows RBBB and marked left ventricular hypertrophy. What does it mean?

Answered by Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Left Ventricular Hypertrophy or Bundle Branch Block? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My son is 12 years old, very active, plays representative basketball and attends a sports high school. Last Sunday, he was knocked over while playing and hurt his arm. After getting up, he fainted. He was fine after that. There were no broken bones, but the medical center did an ECG, and it says on the ECG as non-confirmed diagnosis, incomplete RBBB marked left ventricular hypertrophy.

We took this to a pediatrician and he said his ECG can be normal but said maybe seeing a cardiologist would make us feel better. I have booked in to see one but I would like some reassurance because the appoinment is one month away. The pediatricians report says incidental finding of a partial RBBB and slight tall R waves in V4-V6. I have a copy of the ECG if needed.